By Sarah P. My husband asked me to sit down and start the show “The Last Man On Earth” with him. He had read the reviews and told me others viewers liked it. I loved the first and second episodes, but in the third episode, I became so irrationally angry that I could not continue […]
POST UPDATE: So it finally happened. After more than 6 years, I ran into the OW. Well sort of. Just about every day at some point, me and my faithful dog head out for about a 3-mile hike on some trails at a county park near our home. It’s been hot as hell around here […]
After an affair is discovered, in most cases a metamorphosis begins for the unfaithful spouse. Up until that time he/she may have been carrying on as if nothing was going on. They were stealthy in their ways and they thought they would never get caught. Then it happens. The affair is discovered. It could have […]
It seems that most betrayed spouses never really get a true heartfelt, genuine apology after the affair from the unfaithful spouse. Sure, they may get the standard “I’m sorry” but it seems as though they usually hear those two words much too often as the cheater continues their lies and poor behavior. This post is […]
by Sarah P. While we all know this intuitively, I wanted to provide an example of how insane a man can become when he is having an affair. While reading the Chicago-land news today, I came across an absolutely horrifying example of this. It really drove the point home. But, before I get into it, […]
As you are all aware, the holidays are right around the corner. This has always been a special time for me and for our family. Doug and I have such special memories of our whole family coming together at our house on Christmas day for lots of food, drink and merry-making. Well, we just found […]
Below you will find some statements that people have made when asked: What do you feel is the least productive thing you did after discovering the affair? Hopefully, you will find these statements somewhat enlightening. Please add your own thoughts in the comment section below the post. The least productive thing I did after the […]
I received an email the other day from a young man I’ve been mentoring for the last few months. I thought it might be helpful, enlightening and inspirational to some of you. A little background first… His fiancé was having an affair with her boss. She was deep in the fog and the affair fantasy. […]
Last night, Linda and I were out at a baseball game and ran into a friend who we haven’t seen in quite a while – maybe 2 or 3 years. We talked for awhile and both of us left the conversation with our jaws hanging. Here’s the story… Our sons played summer travel baseball together […]
Even after more than five years, one slip-up can throw a BS back into panic mode. In this case, the BS happens to be Linda and I’m the one who slipped-up. Everything was cool after an hour-long discussion but I certainly learned another valuable lesson. Actually, it was a lesson I already knew (or should […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Musings on Infidelity: Affairs Are Not Original and Not Excusable March 28, 2017
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- Coping with the Pain of Infidelity February 21, 2017
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Tired: I just re read this article. It is so spot on. My ...
- Tired: Also Puzzled, that blank and angry stare. I have s...
- Tired: Puzzled. I think we will go to counselling. Perhap...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I love that fishbowl idea........I think ...
- Puzzled: Keeping her from becoming defensive is the challen...
- Hopefull: Puzzled, These conversations are so hard. My husba...
- Robert M.: So I haven't mentioned anything about the affair ...
- Doug: That's good to hear Broken2! Though it sucks bad ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair