What is an emotional affair? To boil it down to its essence, an emotional affair is a set of feelings for another person of the opposite sex that ends up blurring boundaries and supporting behaviors (based on those feelings) that are destructive to a marriage. These things put together can spell the beginning of the […]
I think it’s safe to say that we all hear of, or come into contact with liars on a daily basis. Just watch the evening news sometime. Politicians are lying, Criminals are lying. Corporate executives are lying. Super Bowl quarterbacks are lying. The list is endless. I admit that I used lie all the time. […]
Friday was the last day of school for me. All in all it was a pretty good year. I had really well behaved, intelligent students who enjoyed learning…For the most part. The one sore spot for the whole year was this one boy, “Austin,” who quite honestly was probably the worst student I’ve ever had […]
The other day a young woman, who just discovered her husband’s affair a couple of months ago, shared some of her story with us. One thing she mentioned is that she is having this incredible urge to snoop on her husband. Primarily by checking out his phone and computer every chance she gets. Snooping after […]
One thing that we’re somewhat surprised about is the number of people who we communicate with whose spouse has had an online affair. No physical connection whatsoever. And when we say no physical connection, we mean that the affair relationship is carried out completely over the Internet. They almost never meet in person – though […]
Aubrielle’s marriage ended because her husband had an affair and yet some time later she got entangled in an emotional affair with a married man. She is kind enough to share the lessons that she learned as a result of being the other woman. Please read on and then share your thoughts in the comment […]
“Addiction is a state that is characterized by compulsive drug use or compulsive engagement in rewarding behavior, despite adverse consequences.” – Wikipedia I’ve been communicating via email for quite some time with a woman whose husband had an affair and is going through the withdrawal period after it ended. She’s struggling with his current state […]
Last Friday we introduced you to Dr. Robert Navarra and his article, Precursors to Infidelity: The Six Warning Signs. Today we finish up this 2-part article series by Dr. Navarra where he tells us the final elements that can lead a person down the path towards infidelity. Part 2 of a series on Dr. John […]
We recently stumbled upon the website of Dr. Robert Navarra, a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Certified Gottman Therapist and Certified Gottman Trainer. On his site we found a two part series about the path that leads to infidelity that we wanted to share with you. Today we will share part one and share the […]
You may not even realize that you’re doing it. Spying is usually portrayed in books and movies as either James Bond-like heroics or crazy and paranoid behavior. You probably don’t see yourself as either of these extremes, but it’s possible that you are spying on your spouse…and damaging your fragile relationship in the process. Spying […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce? January 31, 2017
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – Part One: Criticism January 24, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #26 January 17, 2017
- The Ache of Affairs and What You Can Do About It January 10, 2017
- New Year’s Resolutions for Affair Recovery January 3, 2017
- Change Within Before You Can Change Without December 28, 2016
- Hopeful: I thought I would type this in a separate text... ...
- Hopeful: Hope Eternal, I am so sorry you are here. None ...
- Mike: The pain was overwhelming to say the least. It ac...
- Rachel: Doesn't anyone have any morals anymore???? I am ...
- Rachel: It sure does....
- Deb: Your comment was really eye opening. I too printed...
- Hope Eternal: Hopeful - This is heartening indeed to hear after ...
- Robert M.: And at least the other guy has his emails and text...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair