By Sarah P. We all know that pornography has negative affects—but can pornography use be considered a form of infidelity? In this blog post, I will address the social impacts that are occurring due to the proliferation of pornography, the affects of pornography on the brain, how porn addiction affects your marriage, and whether or […]
By Sarah P. Polyamorists claim open marriages are a good solution for the continued happiness of long-term happy marriages. But do open marriages work? We have heard a lot from them recently—those people who practice polyamory. The movement, which was made popular in the 1970’s, is now rearing its ugly, leering head and wandering eyes […]
By Sarah P. Have you gotten your daily dose of infidelity today? For your sake and for the sake of everyone around you, I sure hope not. But, the unfortunate truth is that some people, just like crack addicts, may need their daily dose of infidelity just to feel better. Some people have brains that […]
There’s something that has been going on in our household that has created some distressing turn of events. We’re going through a rough patch where there is a noticeable lack of intimacy, there’s increased tension at times, sex is very infrequent and Linda is questioning herself in a variety of ways. Before you get all […]
Guest post by Sarah P. Last week, while reading an article, a term that I was not familiar with piqued my interest. The article referenced a relational model for pair-bonded couples that was termed negotiated infidelity. What is negotiated infidelity? Negotiated infidelity is a term that describes an arrangement between a couple where both people […]
Let’s talk about restoring sexual intimacy in a marriage after there’s been an affair. It’s quite obvious that an extramarital affair always has a huge impact on a couple’s sex life, and from what we’ve experienced and learned from others is that it can go in either one of two ways… The first way is […]
It’s been exactly 10 months since we have had a discussion on the blog about sex after infidelity. So this week we’re just going to replay a discussion from the past. We’d like to get your updated views (or new views) on this subject as it relates to your own situation. Dr. Robert Huizenga, author […]
Well, we finally made it back home! Our trip was wonderful to say the least. We had fun. We relaxed. We hiked – a lot. We were also faced with some challenges. Basically, these past two weeks together was a microcosm of our entire relationship and marriage. As a result, we thought we’d share some […]
I recently discovered a book that delves into the reasons why married women have affairs and I wanted to share some of the information with you. The book isn’t based on theory but on the author’s interviews with hundreds of women who had extramarital affairs. I received an iPad for Christmas and even though I […]
To the best of my knowledge we’ve never really dedicated a post to the subject of pornography or porn addiction. It’s a subject that can ignite explosive debate on a variety of different fronts from religious to political to porn’s artistic merits. Regardless of your views on pornography and whether or not you “use” porn, […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce? January 31, 2017
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – Part One: Criticism January 24, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #26 January 17, 2017
- The Ache of Affairs and What You Can Do About It January 10, 2017
- New Year’s Resolutions for Affair Recovery January 3, 2017
- Change Within Before You Can Change Without December 28, 2016
- Hopeful: I thought I would type this in a separate text... ...
- Hopeful: Hope Eternal, I am so sorry you are here. None ...
- Mike: The pain was overwhelming to say the least. It ac...
- Rachel: Doesn't anyone have any morals anymore???? I am ...
- Rachel: It sure does....
- Deb: Your comment was really eye opening. I too printed...
- Hope Eternal: Hopeful - This is heartening indeed to hear after ...
- Robert M.: And at least the other guy has his emails and text...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair