By Sarah P. A couple of weeks ago, we had a seven-hour flight ahead of us. As always, I get the very back row. I do not care if the seats do not recline or if it is by the restroom. I choose the back row. This time I told my husband I was taking […]
By “TryingToGetOver” The last thing I wanted to hear when my husband’s affair was discovered was how long and hard the road to recovery would be. But it takes work and time, and there’s no getting around it, only through it. We are 7 months post Discovery Day number three (aka the time it finally […]
By Sarah P. Wives, knowing what your husband has done with the OW, does not have to ruin your marriage. Linda and Doug have been receiving many emails lately where wives have unfortunately found out their husband’s mistress is pregnant OR their husband already has had a child with his mistress/OW. So they asked me […]
Getting the affair details – as little or as much as the betrayed spouse wants – is vital for healing. Yet, sometimes it works out that getting them gradually over time is best. By “TryingToGetOver” When I joined this forum I was in shock over my husband’s affair. One of the first emails from the […]
By Sarah P. There are many events and feelings that are universal to infidelity and all of these events can be equally difficult. But, today, I wanted to talk about when you know too many details of your partner’s affair – his or her experience and intimate life with the other person – and how […]
By Sarah P. It all started a long time ago—probably as long ago as marriage existed—but most recently this phenomenon was brought into focus by Vikki Stark in her book Runaway Husbands. I am calling this post The Runaway Spouse Syndrome because this is not necessarily a gender-specific phenomenon. While this behavior may be found […]
By Sarah P. This is part three and the final post of the trauma series. I wanted to start this post with song lyrics, by Amanda Palmer, wife of Neil Gaiman (Dresden Dolls), that describe the paradox of trauma. Because really, trauma is a paradox. Biting keeps your words at bay Tending to the sores […]
By Sarah P. Anytime there is an affair, trauma is not far around the corner. In fact, I have never spoken to a betrayed spouse who says something to the extent of: “Yeah, my spouse’s affair was no big deal. It’s just one of those things—no more hurtful than getting home late for dinner.” If […]
Infidelity can annihilate our sense of self. By Sarah P. From the time we are children, we are told that when we grow up we must find a prince or princess charming and get married. Much of the mass media trades on this idea. It is so ingrained in our society that people rarely question it. […]
By Sarah P. It’s almost always a struggle for couples to communicate about topics that matter to one but not the other, especially if this topic references past hurts. Unfortunately, just talking about such heated topics can cause a fight. When marriage becomes one fight after another, most couples withdraw from hot topics. After all, […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- What to Say When a Wayward Spouse Blames You for the Affair November 13, 2018
- How to End an Affair – The Right Way November 6, 2018
- That Paradox of the Look of Disgust October 30, 2018
- Introspection On the Part of the Betrayed Spouse October 23, 2018
- How to Cheat on Your Spouse Without Feeling Guilty October 16, 2018
- Revenge Fantasies – All the Things I Want to Say October 9, 2018
- Eureka, We Found it: The Recent Origins of Blaming the Betrayed Spouse October 2, 2018
- The Potentially Long-Lasting Effects of Affair Trauma September 25, 2018
- Shifting Impressions: EG and TH you have both said it so well!!! I agree...
- Laura: This is my first comment here. This article really...
- Sami: Why forgive? I’m not sure that I know how to nor...
- TryingHard: Initially on DDay and aftermath i blamed myself of...
- TryingHard: Chomped— no he has to defriend and block her. Ma...
- TryingHard: Hi Hopeful—. Heads up here. No in fact you are g...
- Hopeful: I think ultimately the wayward needs to be respons...
- Bor: Don't know or at least i can't fully trust that ...