A wayward spouse is solely in control of his or her actions and choices. He (or she) has to make the ultimate decision to cheat again or not to cheat again. By Sarah P. Stephen Covey, in his book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, remarks that a person’s past habits and behavior often […]
“What were you thinking? Did you even consider the consequences? I just don’t understand how you did this without thinking at all of me and the kids!” “Didn’t you even think of me?” Those are just some of the questions that might be asked after a person’s world has been shattered by their spouse’s infidelity. […]
By Sarah P. This blog post is the continuation of a four-part series on Dr. John Gottman’s Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. In the first blog post in this series, I discussed criticism, which was the first of the Four Horsemen. In this post, I will discuss contempt and the role it plays in destroying […]
By Sarah P. To start off the New Year well, Doug, Linda, and I decided it was time to take a closer look at how to build more successful marriages. As of today, there is no better theory on how to have successful marriages than the theories of Drs. John and Julie Gottman. Often, […]
By Sarah P. If you have been through an affair, you have come a long way, baby. You know your story backwards and forwards and have become a wiser person. You have been able to piece together how you got there and how far you have come. (By the way, I do smoke and I […]
When you are dealing with a spouse poacher, she thinks any season is a good season to poach another woman’s husband. By Sarah P. You have been through it and you know the drill. Your husband has been unfaithful and you are unsure whether or not he will be unfaithful again. To make matters worse, […]
Neither the Supermodel Nor the Housewife Wins: Hedonic Adaptation in Relationships and How it Could Play a Role in Infidelity
By Sarah P. What do men like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robin Williams, Ben Affleck, Jude Law, and Hugh Grant have in common? On the other side, what do women like Adrianna Lima, Christie Brinkley, Shania Twain, Jennifer Garner, and Liz Hurley have in common? All of these people are bound together by a commonality that has […]
Making this D-Day your last has three key components or considerations. Making this D-Day your last requires activity and honest assessment on your part. I will first discuss the elements that help in rebuilding a marriage after infidelity. If those don’t work, you can still stay if you choose to. However, there are times when […]
This week Bella Ryan was kind enough to write a guest post for us offering her observations and opinions on the possible reasons why people cheat. Thanks Bella! Cheating on Your Spouse – Understanding the Dilemma Did you know that more than 50% of people in committed relationships cheat on each other? What’s more astounding […]
POST UPDATE: So it finally happened. After more than 6 years, I ran into the OW. Well sort of. Just about every day at some point, me and my faithful dog head out for about a 3-mile hike on some trails at a county park near our home. It’s been hot as hell around here […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Will Your Partner Have an Affair Again? – The Million Dollar Question September 19, 2017
- Understanding Why You Had Your Affair – The Simple 5-Step Process September 12, 2017
- Staying Married For the Kids: Is it worth it? September 5, 2017
- Summary of the 2017 Reader Survey August 29, 2017
- To Catch A Cheating Spouse: Why Hiring A Professional Is Sometimes Necessary August 22, 2017
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- Angela: We've all seen some Karma at work at some point i...
- Danni: something is wrong in the home already-and it is ...
- Dawn: Wow. I like the home wrecking whore part. True wor...
- TheFirstWife: Will my H cheat again? Not if he wants to kee...
- Christina: She is right not to support the home wrecking whor...
- Christina: amen...so glad to see people telling the truth.......
- Christina: Exactly Tonja! well said...the justifications of ...
- Christina: Wrong you are...a home wrecker is exactly what the...
- Affair Recovery
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair
- The Unfaithful