Staying married for the kids is a huge issue for many couples after there has been infidelity. Does it make sense? Is it worth it? by Sarah P. As you know, EAJ tends to be a pro-marriage and pro-recovery blog. Doug, Linda, and I tend to believe that if a marriage can be salvageable, a […]
In case you didn’t know, Linda’s brother had an affair, divorced his wife and married his affair partner. They claimed they were ‘soul mates’ and she made his life wonderful, made him feel young again, yada, yada. Now we see signs that the honeymoon phase is coming to an end. We only see him and his […]
Let’s face it. Not every marriage is going to survive infidelity. But are you really ready for divorce? It‘s probably impossible to know what percentage of marriages end in divorce as a result of infidelity. But based on the reader surveys we’ve conducted over the years, the percentage of divorced and/or separated respondents hovers around […]
So what happens when your husband marries the other woman? By Sarah P. There are several influences that could lead to a man leaving his wife and marrying the other woman. As you know, these people are less than 10% of the men out there, and when they do leave their marriage has a 70% chance […]
How to Tell the Difference and Why It’s Important to Know the Difference. Sarah P. Some men never stop looking for the affair – they are serial cheaters whose affairs have nothing to do with relatedness to another, intimacy, sharing, pain or silence–They connect as conquest to bolster a well hidden but fragile ego. […]
I was doing the grocery shopping Sunday as always, when about 50 feet or so in front of me I spotted Sherri, a woman who used to live in our neighborhood. It was rumored that she and her husband had their house foreclosed on after a particularly nasty divorce. I was sure Sherri noticed me […]
The other day I had a brief but interesting conversation with my sister-in-law regarding her relationship with her adult step children. In case you’re wondering, yes this is my brother-in-law’s wife (initially his affair partner), and the step kids I’m referring to are our nieces and nephew. It’s an extremely rare occasion that I’m ever […]
A separation can often be the result after an affair has been discovered. Though we feel it is possible that being separated while trying to recover can be a good thing in some cases, it can also make it more difficult to save a marriage – unless it is done the right way, that is. […]
I know you guys are probably tired of reading my rants about my brother and my disapproval of his situation, but I just had to share another example of the selfish bubble that he and his wife continue to reside in. For those of you who do not know, a few years ago my brother […]
My mother has been bugging me since before Thanksgiving to find a weekend when we could all get together with my brother and his wife for dinner and to celebrate my brother’s birthday. She knows I don’t like hanging out with them but she’s doing her best to push us together. She is blind to […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Will Your Partner Have an Affair Again? – The Million Dollar Question September 19, 2017
- Understanding Why You Had Your Affair – The Simple 5-Step Process September 12, 2017
- Staying Married For the Kids: Is it worth it? September 5, 2017
- Summary of the 2017 Reader Survey August 29, 2017
- To Catch A Cheating Spouse: Why Hiring A Professional Is Sometimes Necessary August 22, 2017
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- Angela: We've all seen some Karma at work at some point i...
- Danni: something is wrong in the home already-and it is ...
- Dawn: Wow. I like the home wrecking whore part. True wor...
- TheFirstWife: Will my H cheat again? Not if he wants to kee...
- Christina: She is right not to support the home wrecking whor...
- Christina: amen...so glad to see people telling the truth.......
- Christina: Exactly Tonja! well said...the justifications of ...
- Christina: Wrong you are...a home wrecker is exactly what the...
- Affair Recovery
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair
- The Unfaithful