Almost four years ago, one of our readers, “blueskyabove” made a comment on a post that we thought was pretty great. We wanted to convert it to a post back then, but forgot about it for some reason. Luckily, we ran across it again the other day and decided to share it now. Better late than never! […]
So what happens to couples that have experienced infidelity? Well, relationship expert and therapist Esther Perel kept in contact with many of her past clients to learn more about the long-term impact of infidelity. We thought that what she discovered was quite interesting and we hope that you do too. In short, she discovered three basic […]
There’s hardly a day that goes by that we don’t receive an email from a betrayed spouse who isn’t frustrated, angry, beaten down, out of control and about to give up. They’re grasping for a way – any way – to help make things better. The reasons are many, but usually their crisis has something to […]
After an affair strikes a relationship it is easy for each partner to lose their self-respect. In this post, we’d like to use self-respect in the context of a person being able to hold himself/herself in esteem and believing that they are good and worthy of being treated well; having proper respect for oneself and […]
I realize that it’s very cliché to compare the struggles that go along with affair recovery to climbing a mountain, but after our experience on our vacation we discovered that the comparison to be even more appropriate. While in the White Mountains in New Hampshire we set off on a day-hike called the Franconia Ridge Loop […]
After an affair is discovered, in most cases a metamorphosis begins for the unfaithful spouse. Up until that time he/she may have been carrying on as if nothing was going on. They were stealthy in their ways and they thought they would never get caught. Then it happens. The affair is discovered. It could have […]
Affair Counseling – A Specialized Focus by Tim Tedder, LMHC, NCC Imagine a man with high blood pressure being hit by a truck while crossing a street. He smashes to the pavement, broken and bloodied, and a nearby doctor rushes to his aid. The doctor quickly assesses the situation and then exclaims, “Man, you’re in […]
The other day we received an email from a woman who has been betrayed by her husband of 27 years. His affair was both an EA and PA and not surprisingly it has torn her world apart. Though they’ve been able to “work things out,” the aftereffects of the affair still linger – some minor […]
We’ve had this blog now for almost five years, and over that period of time we’ve had the honor of communicating with thousands of people who have been affected in some way by infidelity. It just so happens that about 85% of the time it has been with those whose spouse has been unfaithful. In […]
We’ve used the word victim a lot on this site; typically with respect to the person who has been betrayed by their partner’s infidelity. We use the term because the betrayed is indeed a victim. If you question that for any reason, then here is the official dictionary definition of victim: a person who suffers […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Discussion – What Are You Thankful For? November 24, 2015
- Infidelity and Suicide November 17, 2015
- A Reader Shares Her New Perspective on Her Husband’s Affair November 10, 2015
- What Happens in Couples After Someone Cheats? The Long-Term Impact of Infidelity November 3, 2015
- Be On the Alert for Backsliding During Reconciliation October 27, 2015
- I Wish I Would Have Known That! October 20, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #21 October 13, 2015
- No More Lies, Please! October 6, 2015
- hmotherw: I love the last line....a love built on lies, isn...
- Rachel: HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!! I am thankful for all...
- Falling Ash: Thanks for the reminder, Patsy50. I would also lik...
- Patsy50: Happy Thanksgiving Linda and Doug. And to all on ...
- Janet: My husband had an affair with the next door neighb...
- Pushing Foward: 1st time commenter here. D-day is coming up quick....
- Scott: I'm thankful for my kids, my friendships, my futu...
- Untold: Agree 100% with you SR. Knowing all the answers, ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair