The other day we received an email from a woman who has been betrayed by her husband of 27 years. His affair was both an EA and PA and not surprisingly it has torn her world apart. Though they’ve been able to “work things out,” the aftereffects of the affair still linger – some minor […]
We’ve had this blog now for almost five years, and over that period of time we’ve had the honor of communicating with thousands of people who have been affected in some way by infidelity. It just so happens that about 85% of the time it has been with those whose spouse has been unfaithful. In […]
We’ve used the word victim a lot on this site; typically with respect to the person who has been betrayed by their partner’s infidelity. We use the term because the betrayed is indeed a victim. If you question that for any reason, then here is the official dictionary definition of victim: a person who suffers […]
A few months ago I was mentoring a younger woman (younger than me at least) and she had recently discovered her husband’s 2-year long physical and emotional affair. Needless to say she was not in a good place at the time. As she told her story it became apparent that the affair was becoming extremely […]
We’ve certainly discussed the fact that surviving an affair requires communication – effective communication, that is, So today we wanted to give you some additional Do’s and Don’ts for improving communication, as well as introduce you to the ACTION formula. Marriage and Family Therapist, Jeff Murrah LPC, LMFT, LCDC delivered these nuggets during a webinar we […]
We came across the following piece of advice somewhere online. Neither one of us can remember exactly where, though it has the distinct feel of the Marriage Builders forum. In general, it offers sound advice for betrayed spouses to follow after affair discovery. As with any advice piece, it may not apply in its entirety […]
For the next couple of weeks both Linda and I will be extremely busy. I’ve got a huge event going on for work that will demand a ton of my time, while Linda is dealing with her mother who was just diagnosed with possible kidney cancer. (It was detected early so we’re pretty sure she […]
As a psychiatrist in the Brown University faculty, Scott Haltzman, MD has been researching men, women, marriage and relationships for more than a decade. In that time, he’s learned a lot about infidelity. One thing he has realized is that when people find out about infidelity, they often make all kinds of assumptions about how and […]
We received an email this past week that included a video recording of a Google Hangout session where there was a panel discussion of sorts about the pros and cons of whether one should tell their partner if they were having an affair. We’ve addressed this topic a while back and it seems to be […]
There is a very delicate topic that we have yet to address here on the blog. I’m not really sure why as the subject comes up occasionally and we get emails periodically about it. And the subject is… What do you do when there is a child as a result of an affair? How do […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Beware the Dopamine Seeker Who Needs a Daily Dose of Infidelity May 22, 2015
- Some Reader Perspectives on Snooping after an Affair May 19, 2015
- Stop Secretly Believing the Grass Was Greener… May 15, 2015
- Elements of A Heartfelt Apology after the Affair May 12, 2015
- Cheating Men: If you are one of them, don’t be fooled by what evolutionary psychology says about your wiring May 8, 2015
- Forgiveness And Recovery – Intrinsically Linked May 5, 2015
- Cheating Spouses: How to Become Trustworthy After the Affair May 1, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #18 April 28, 2015
- Strengthrequired: Trustinggod, you don't deserve this treatment, as...
- Strengthrequired: Std buffet...
- Strengthrequired: Your the sweet one TH. Your right, I didn't come ...
- Tryinghard: Trusting God I hope you can hang in long enough t...
- Tryinghard: Awwww. You're so sweet S R. Love and appreciate y...
- TrustingGod: Trying hard, I guess I have a slightly differen...
- Strengthrequired: I think the head in ass syndrome has been cured he...
- Strengthrequired: Th, you had to have kicked something, otherwise I ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair