As usual, I have about four books that I’m simultaneously reading. One of them, “Make Peace With Anyone” by David J. Lieberman, Ph.D., offers some suggestions regarding forgiveness for infidelity that I wanted to share with you. Dr. Lieberman offers a ten phase approach to gain forgiveness after someone has clearly violated the trust, respect […]
Last Thursday I wrote a post about how I still felt the pain from the thoughts of why Doug really decided to stay in our marriage. Today I wanted to follow up on that a bit and share with you some wonderful information from one of our favorite authors, Dave Carder. Dave is the author […]
Forgiving infidelity is a another difficult part of the affair recovery process. In the book “How Can I Forgive You?” by Janis Abrahms Spring, Ph.D. the author describes four different approaches to forgiveness: Cheap Forgiveness, Refusing to Forgive, Acceptance and Genuine Forgiveness. While the second two are more flexible in nature, according to the author, […]
Some of the best information that exists on this site comes from the readers through the comments that they make. I was doing some research yesterday for my book I want to write, and re-read a series of comments related to forgiving infidelity. I thought what this one reader said was wonderful, and thought it […]
Linda shares her process for forgiving Doug after his affair. Recently, Doug and I recorded a session for the Affair Recovery Group where we wrapped up the topic of forgiveness after the affair by sharing some of our own experiences and opinions with respect to this very important topic. A question came up where I […]
Lately I have been putting much thought into my long journey to forgiveness after Doug’s emotional affair, and trying to figure out why it was so difficult to reach. As a result, I began reconstructing our affair recovery and analyzing each step. It is ironic how I can now remember the details and the activities […]
Forgiveness after the affair is essential to the healing process for both the betrayed spouse and the cheating spouse. However, it is also just as essential that you do not forgive too soon. It took me well over a year after Doug’s emotional affair to completely forgive him. Here are three reasons why you shouldn’t […]
Last week many of you were kind enough to clue us in on some of the issues that you are still struggling with after the affair. I think that many of the issues we have touched on in past posts, but deserve a little more attention. Today we want to address how to deal with […]
We’ve talked a lot recently about the fantasies that are inherent before, during and after the affair. Today I want to concentrate on how the fantasy affected the way I dealt with the information Doug gave me during his emotional affair. Basically, I made mistakes as to how I reacted, causing our recovery from an […]
I had discussed my last therapy session in a previous post and during that session the therapist and I also explored the implications of taking fault for the affair. He really helped me realize that I shouldn’t blame myself for Doug’s emotional affair, and by doing so for so long has definitely caused many problems […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- Coping with the Pain of Infidelity February 21, 2017
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce? January 31, 2017
- TheFirstWife: To my Been Cheated on Friends on This Planet. ...
- TheFirstWife: Here's to the name change!!! May you lose the ...
- Hopefull: I so agree with this. I hate FB or even talk of me...
- Cecilia: May I ask how things are now . I am just new in al...
- Cecilia: I am very grateful that you all share your stories...
- Puzzled: I needed to add about who the other guy was: my gu...
- Puzzled: Tired: I am certain that I'm guilty of overthin...
- TryingHard: Puzzeled--No they really don't get the pain. Not...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair