There’s hardly a day that goes by that we don’t receive an email from a betrayed spouse who isn’t frustrated, angry, beaten down, out of control and about to give up. They’re grasping for a way – any way – to help make things better. The reasons are many, but usually their crisis has something to […]
One of the benefits of this site is to read and learn from the experiences of others who have walked in your shoes. Hopefully, you all read the comments as we feel that that is where some of the best advice can be found. This post addresses how it may be appropriate to work more […]
A couple of weeks ago we conducted another one of our short surveys asking readers what they were struggling with most right now. For our discussion this week, we just wanted to go over the results and hopefully generate some discussion amongst everyone about the findings. First of all, consistent with previous surveys, our readers […]
Last week I mentioned that it’s been five years since our D-day. I think it’s safe to say that most of you are probably not quite that far along. In fact, many of you just experienced your D-day. This article is for you guys. I wish that I could tell you everything that you need […]
A couple of weeks ago our 5-year “anti-versary” (as Doug likes to call it) of D-day came and went. It was a good day. It was a day that was no different than the previous day. It was a good day because nothing happened. No triggers. No emotional thoughts. No need to talk about the […]
Today we have one of our older posts from nearly 3 years ago on the subject of doing a “180” to help save your marriage and/or get your spouse to end the affair. There isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t get at least one email from a betrayed spouse who is having […]
Note: This post is an excerpt from our book “Healing from an Affair: A cheater’s guide for helping your spouse heal from your affair” and is directed towards those who have been unfaithful. Though the unfaithful can obviously be either male or female, this is written from a male cheater’s perspective. Refusing to talk about […]
I apologize in advance for my language in this post. I hope that it isn’t too offensive. After a few years of doing this blog and reading over 16,000 comments, thousands of forum posts, hundreds of survey responses, tons of emails and dozens of mentoring with clients, I’ve come to the conclusion that men are […]
There is often a misconception with a victim of infidelity that “If I love them enough, they will come back to me.” This often leads to clingy behavior from the betrayed spouse, which in turn can cause the cheater to move further away. There can be a distance that nothing seems to be able to […]
We will be back from our weeklong vacation tomorrow, so today we have another post from the past. This one is from October of 2010 and deals with some things you should NOT do when trying to talk to your spouse about the affair. 8 Communication ‘Don’ts’ After the Affair Communication after the affair is […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, I got quite a chuckle from this ...
- Bb52: Mike, I want to thank you for appologizing to all ...
- Shifting Impressions: Mike, again...everything the TFW said. Yes, fi...
- JessieR: Six months after D day (3 month emotional/web base...
- JoanJ: I had no clue when I met my Husband 28 years ago, ...
- TryingHard: Hi Here To Heal First welcome to the group to w...
- TheFirstWife: Mike. For so many peoole A are deal breakers. No ...
- Here To Heal: Hi Trying Hard WOW! I'm in awe that you survive...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair