by Sarah P. There are many cases where marriages can survive affairs; and indeed even thrive after the affair ends and healing has begun. However, there is an instance where it is probable that a marriage cannot be saved. This occurs when the person engaging in the sexual affair also has a cluster B disorder, […]
Trying to recover from an affair is frustrating and confusing, to say the least. Nobody is ever taught prior to marriage about how to handle infidelity or how to save a marriage. We’re here to try and help you with this. Over the course of several past discussions, blog posts and numerous comments, we’ve come […]
There are many hurdles to cross when trying to recover from an affair. One of the biggest and most difficult to overcome is the letting go of resentment. What is resentment? My good buddy Wikipedia says that… Resentment (also called ranklement or bitterness) is the experience of a negative emotion (anger or hatred, for instance) […]
We hope that everyone has had a nice holiday season. I realize that the holidays can be a difficult time for emotional affair recovery. The affair triggers and the thoughts can be overwhelming. The holiday season is a difficult time for me because Doug and I were deeply immersed in the affair process at this […]
The holidays can be a tough time for people who are trying to recover from an affair. The affair triggers can be overwhelming this time of year, especially if your spouse was involved in his/her affair while the holidays were going on in the past – or if he/she is still currently involved. Even if […]
Over the course of the last year and a half or more, we have written about many different things when it comes to helping you recover from an affair and save your marriage. Today we’re going to change it up a bit, and suggest some things you should NOT do in your own affair recovery […]
I am finally convinced that there is little that can be done to stop an emotional affair. This article details how hard it was for Doug to end his affair and how frustrating to me that was. I recently came to this conclusion after a comment that Doug made a couple of weeks ago about […]
Since today is Valentines Day, a day meant for love and lovers, we naturally wanted to write something about love. But to those who are trying to recover from an affair, Valentines Day can be a very tough day indeed. Therefore, we wanted to share a passage from Mort Fertel’s book, “Marriage Fitness,” that addresses […]
Recovering from an affair is a long and painful experience with many ups and downs. Most betrayed spouses want the pain and memories to go away and often we put a time limit on how long our affair recovery should take. I know that in my situation, it has been two years since our D-day […]
Today is the first year anniversary of starting this blog and we thought it would be appropriate to present to you a status update of sorts on our emotional affair recovery over the last year. I’ll warn you in advance that this is a long post, so hit the bathroom, grab a sandwich and something […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- TheFirstWife: I would think if you cannot even answer that quest...
- Shifting Impressions: Cody For me there is only one way to go....that'...
- Shifting Impressions: Michelle Two years after d-day I was still prett...
- Shifting Impressions: TFW I can't help but agree with you. I would fe...
- TheFirstWife: I think the difference for so many of us here is t...
- Michelle: Isince don't know if this where I am supposed to ...
- TheFirstWife: I think that would be a deal breaker for me. I don...
- Cody: Thanks to everyone who replied. Like most of you ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair