We came across the following piece of advice somewhere online. Neither one of us can remember exactly where, though it has the distinct feel of the Marriage Builders forum. In general, it offers sound advice for betrayed spouses to follow after affair discovery. As with any advice piece, it may not apply in its entirety […]
Affair partners barely know one another at first and then just a short while later, they’re making plans for moving in together. (A version of this post ran back in December of 2010.) I have learned so much from the contributions of the cheating spouses on this site because they have provided insight about their […]
We wanted to thank everyone who took the time to respond to our most recent survey. There are always some interesting takeaways (interpretations) when we do these things and this one didn’t disappoint. We’re not going to address every question, but will touch on the ones we thought you’d be most interested in. Even so, […]
Today we have one of our older posts from nearly 3 years ago on the subject of doing a “180” to help save your marriage and/or get your spouse to end the affair. There isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t get at least one email from a betrayed spouse who is having […]
Much of what is written on the subject of how to stop an affair seems to be along the lines that one cannot effectively do so. That is, the betrayed is basically left powerless when it comes to making the cheating spouse end their affair. This post will take the other side of the argument […]
Many times affairs start and continue because the cheater feels that this person that he/she is infatuated with is better or more desirable than his/her spouse. In my opinion, this aspect relates a lot to the whole fantasy aspect of an affair. Let’s face it. An affair is make believe. What I mean by that […]
This is the second part of a two-part series on trusting yourself after an affair. You can read the first part by clicking here. In part one I gave you five steps that could help you to restore trust in yourself after an affair. In my own situation I performed the steps, though I certainly […]
A reflection on the reasons my emotional affair happened. Over the past 3 years, I’ve tried my hardest to make amends for my actions that occurred while in my emotional affair. Though I’ve made my share of mistakes, this whole process has opened my eyes to my own faults as a person and has been […]
Being in an affair is like being addicted to crack cocaine and it can be really tough to kick the addiction. Recently, we’ve been mentoring and communicating with several betrayed spouses who are going through some difficult times to say the least. Two primary issues are common with almost every case. Either their spouses do […]
I hope that the title of this post didn’t alarm any of our readers. Linda and I are not getting a divorce – far from it – but her brother is. In fact it should be final at the beginning of next month. For our newer readers who may not know, Linda’s brother, Jeff, had […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- No More Lies, Please! October 6, 2015
- The Ultimatum After an Affair September 29, 2015
- The Most Powerful Technique to Save Your Marriage September 22, 2015
- What to Do if You Run Into Your Affair Partner September 15, 2015
- Will You Ever Be Able To Trust Again? September 8, 2015
- Brené Brown on ‘Rumbling with Forgiveness’ September 1, 2015
- A Conversation with Kate August 25, 2015
- A Betrayed Spouse Needs to Know the Details of the Affair August 18, 2015
- theresa: EWO, my journey has given rise to a few observatio...
- theresa: Sorry, seems like my spelling and grammar skills ...
- Tryinghard: Pat Yes. Ask those questions, all those questions...
- pat: Many thing triggers me going into the black hole. ...
- Eyeswideopen: Fragments Of Hope, Ugh! It so sucks. The whole mer...
- Eyeswideopen: TheFirstWife.... So spot on. But have to say, so v...
- TryingHard: The timing on an ultimatum is crucial. However I ...
- Tyvek MyMn: However flawed, the diagnosis of Narcissistic Pers...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair