Yesterday our post dealt with how to forgive infidelity. There were quite a few comments regarding this subject, and we would encourage if you haven’t already done so, to make a comment and throw your 2 cents in. Some of you have forgiven and have chosen to move on. Others said they will not forgive. […]
During the last several weeks we have noticed through the various emails we receive and the comments to the blog that many of us are struggling with the thought of forgiving infidelity. After all, a great injustice has occurred to us and we all hurt tremendously. An all too familiar theme is presented over […]
As I was reading the responses to last week’s open discussion on how some of you reacted when you found out about your spouse’s affair, was in some ways very comforting and in other ways it was upsetting to me. It was comforting in that I realized I was not alone. Everyone appeared to have […]
Steven Stosny, Ph.D states that there are three clear points that are evident with people who have suffered unimaginable emotional pain, such as emotional infidelity. The first is that human beings have an extraordinary capacity for healing all kinds of emotional wounds. The second truth is that the most important element in overcoming emotional pain […]
While doing some research the other day, I came across some good advice from Hara Estroff Marano about how a couple can renegotiate their relationship after infidelity. She says that affairs are not about logic, “and recovering after infidelity doesn’t just happen with time; you and your spouse have to fully process the experience and […]
If your marriage or relationship has fallen victim to an emotional affair, the first step in recovery from an emotional affair is honesty, according to psychologist Barry McCarthy. “It is secrecy that enables affairs to thrive. The cover-up, for most people, is worse than the actual infidelity,” he says. “So it’s only by putting everything […]
I recently was introduced to a book by Dave Carder called: “Torn Asunder: Recovering From an Extramarital Affair” and it brought to light some interesting points on recovering from infidelity for both the person who committed the infidelity and for the victim/spouse. The book has a religious slant to it since Mr. Carder is a […]
Trust is the foundation of any relationship and is just as important as love is. So if you want to save your marriage and make it the tender loving relationship you have dreamed of all of your life, rebuilding the trust after infidelity is one of the most important steps you should take. Those of […]
While surfing the web the other day, I came across the following article which discusses how a study suggests that women have a harder time accepting emotional infidelity, while men have a harder time with sexual infidelity. In our own circumstance, I can attest to the fact that on more than one occasion, Linda has […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Shifting Impressions: And on and on it goes....with the stupidity, Sator...
- Shifting Impressions: Satori That's a really big shift.....hang on to ...
- Satori: Bravo! Here are a couple of classics I heard: ...
- Satori: Hi Shifting Impressions, I believe it. I've h...
- Shifting Impressions: Yup...best laugh of the day, TryingHard!!!...
- TryingHard: LOL SI-- OK so I pasted your response and I'm go...
- Shifting Impressions: Satori This site is the best life line ever.........
- Shifting Impressions: TryingHard Your question made me go back and look...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair