By Sarah P. It’s the most troublesome, frustrating, and heartbreaking situation of them all: when you realize that even if your spouse stays with you, they won’t or can’t break it off with the other person. Featured Download: “The Top 10 Reasons to Leave Your Affair Partner Now” If you’re the unfaithful, get it, […]
by Sarah P. Note: This is the first installment of a two-part series where Sarah P. will address the leverage one has when their spouse won’t leave their affair partner. This week she addresses when the husband won’t end the affair and next week she’ll dig into when the wife won’t leave her affair partner. It’s one […]
A good portion of my time for this website is devoted to mentoring people who are struggling with infidelity in some way. And 99% of that mentoring time is spent with betrayed spouses (usually female), and the vast majority of those betrayed spouses are desperately trying to figure out what the hell is running through […]
Do your spouse’s attempts to discover the truth and to understand the affair result in catapulting you into fight or flight mode? And when that happens, do the tables on the conversation get turned around and result in either a massive argument or in one or both of you completely shutting down? If you’re anything […]
By John and Wendy Godfrey No two couples are exactly the same, just like no two people are exactly the same — and yet, there are commonalities across marriages that are hard to deny. Most relationships hit hard patches, for example. While some couples deal with infidelity or abuse, others deal with ongoing communication problems […]
“The joy of brightening other lives,bearing each other’s burdens,easing other’s loadsand supplanting empty heartsand lives with generous giftsbecomes for us the magic of the holidays.” -W.C. Jones Thank you for being a part of this wonderful community! We truly wish you all a happy and blessed holiday season. Linda & Doug
We love to hear success stories from readers. We recently received an email from a person who was rejoicing about how she and her husband have been able to put his emotional affair behind them after just a couple of months. At first I thought, “Wow! That’s fantastic. Amazing! I’m so happy for them!” But […]
Occasionally I like to look at the stats of our blog to get a snapshot of what’s going on from a readership standpoint and to determine if there are any technical issues that need to be addressed or if there are any updates that need to be done, etc. One of the things I like […]
Be aware of your blind spot. If you ever took driver’s ed classes, you were probably taught about the blind spot in a car. This is the field of vision you do not have access to when sitting in the driver’s seat and looking out your side view mirrors. If you’re changing lanes, you may […]
There’s a devastating situation that we run into quite frequently when talking with other couples. In fact, some consider it even more devastating than the initial affair discovery. OK, here’s the scenario (based on a true case story, btw)…You’ve discovered the affair and your spouse almost immediately breaks down and begs for forgiveness and promises […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- ‘Open Mic’ Discussion #24 June 28, 2016
- Make This D-Day Your Last – What Works in Rebuilding a Marriage after Infidelity June 21, 2016
- The Four M’s: Why Cheaters Cannot Leave Their Affair Partners June 14, 2016
- Boundaries After the Affair – How to Use Physical, Geographical, and Emotional Boundaries to Move Forward June 7, 2016
- When You Decide to Stay: Dealing with triggers and the issue of trust while rebuilding your marriage. May 31, 2016
- Trauma Bonding: Why It’s So Hard to Let Go After an Affair May 24, 2016
- A Tale of Two Cheaters: Are You Married to a Reverse Prince Charming or a Fallen Prince Charming? May 17, 2016
- The Nuts and Bolts of Affair Recovery – The elements that need to be present in order to heal from an affair. May 10, 2016
- TheFirstWife: Agreed 100%. Presidents, pastors & ministe...
- TheFirstWife: Dear Sam. Your dad wants a cash payout from your m...
- Doug: Hey Sidney, thanks for your concern. We have indee...
- Sidney: Hey Doug.....just a little concerned as you haven...
- Sam: I forgit to add -- You sad: "I have seen this h...
- Shifting Impressions: Carmen I don't believe that you wake up and sudd...
- Shifting Impressions: TFW Now that is cause for celebration!!!!! Gives ...
- TryingHard: Hi Sarah P. Et tu Brute?? I actually read your...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair