Do your spouse’s attempts to discover the truth and to understand the affair result in catapulting you into fight or flight mode? And when that happens, do the tables on the conversation get turned around and result in either a massive argument or in one or both of you completely shutting down? If you’re anything […]
By John and Wendy Godfrey No two couples are exactly the same, just like no two people are exactly the same — and yet, there are commonalities across marriages that are hard to deny. Most relationships hit hard patches, for example. While some couples deal with infidelity or abuse, others deal with ongoing communication problems […]
“The joy of brightening other lives,bearing each other’s burdens,easing other’s loadsand supplanting empty heartsand lives with generous giftsbecomes for us the magic of the holidays.” -W.C. Jones Thank you for being a part of this wonderful community! We truly wish you all a happy and blessed holiday season. Linda & Doug
We love to hear success stories from readers. We recently received an email from a person who was rejoicing about how she and her husband have been able to put his emotional affair behind them after just a couple of months. At first I thought, “Wow! That’s fantastic. Amazing! I’m so happy for them!” But […]
Occasionally I like to look at the stats of our blog to get a snapshot of what’s going on from a readership standpoint and to determine if there are any technical issues that need to be addressed or if there are any updates that need to be done, etc. One of the things I like […]
Be aware of your blind spot. If you ever took driver’s ed classes, you were probably taught about the blind spot in a car. This is the field of vision you do not have access to when sitting in the driver’s seat and looking out your side view mirrors. If you’re changing lanes, you may […]
There’s a devastating situation that we run into quite frequently when talking with other couples. In fact, some consider it even more devastating than the initial affair discovery. OK, here’s the scenario (based on a true case story, btw)…You’ve discovered the affair and your spouse almost immediately breaks down and begs for forgiveness and promises […]
We came across the following piece of advice somewhere online. Neither one of us can remember exactly where, though it has the distinct feel of the Marriage Builders forum. In general, it offers sound advice for betrayed spouses to follow after affair discovery. As with any advice piece, it may not apply in its entirety […]
There is a question that comes up often from betrayed spouses after discovering an affair and that is, “Should I go to therapy with my partner if he (she) hasn’t ended his (her) affair yet?” In our opinion, the short answer is no. But we suggest to try There are many different aspects of what […]
by Sarah P. Take A Queue From Anne Wojcicki While Keeping Your Head Held High The couple, who is currently living separately, have two young children. They have been pegged as Generation X’s answer to Bill and Melinda Gates. If you read my other post about when men do stupid things, you’ll remember that Anne […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #21 October 13, 2015
- No More Lies, Please! October 6, 2015
- The Ultimatum After an Affair September 29, 2015
- The Most Powerful Technique to Save Your Marriage September 22, 2015
- What to Do if You Run Into Your Affair Partner September 15, 2015
- Will You Ever Be Able To Trust Again? September 8, 2015
- Brené Brown on ‘Rumbling with Forgiveness’ September 1, 2015
- A Conversation with Kate August 25, 2015
- Doug: Hey TH, Thanks for your insight and I'm with you ...
- TryingHard: Doug I've actually read her book Liespotting. I...
- TheFirstWife: Trying Hard and DWD. TH excellent points. Both...
- TryingHard: Done with denial Ok just throwing my two cents in...
- Done With Denial: Thank you to all of you wonderful and supportive l...
- CBb: It might be the right time to get your Plan B goin...
- Tryinghard: Falling Ash My h did go to the town for business ...
- Falling Ash: Yes it does mean "Other Half"...well in my case ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair