A month ago I was going through a rough time. I was feeling very sad, felt helpless and didn’t know if I had the strength to continue to fight the feelings associated with the emotional affair. I contributed my emotions to the two year anniversary of Doug telling me he didn’t love me anymore. I […]
Good Morning America has profiled a couple for the last 2 days who are trying to survive an affair by taking a look inside a therapy session with them together. The husband met a woman online and ended up having an affair with her. They do not say whether it was a physical affair or […]
Friday night Doug and I went out for a few drinks and ran into a neighbor who informed us of yet another couple on our street that has decided to divorce. The story sounded the same as all the others. The husband had an extramarital affair with a co-worker two years ago and is having […]
Hello everyone! Getting over an affair is a struggle. It’s a struggle with respect to how you approach the wayward spouse, and it’s a struggle with respect to how you approach and manage your emotions. Our discussion for this week centers on your struggles…What are your greatest struggles at the moment with respect to the […]
I’ve been reading the book “Love Must be Tough” by James C. Dobson primarily because I’ve been noticing many comments where our readers are frustrated by the actions of their cheating spouse. Not just with their actions of having an emotional affair or physical affair itself, but with their actions after the affair. The denials, […]
A couple of weeks ago Linda was involved in a webinar with Dr. Robert Huizenga, author of “Break Free From the Affair.” Linda was interviewed about her opinions on confronting the other person. In her case she chose not to confront Tanya, and in the interview she explains why. Right click the link for the […]
I have been struggling with a lot of emotions lately. So many thoughts are going through my head and I am having difficulty sorting everything out. I really don’t know where to turn and what to think. I know that I have been really focusing so much on the emotional affair and on Tanya that […]
Running Emotional Affair Journey is not a full time job, though it’s getting closer and closer to that as time moves on. When we’re not involved with our blog, we do visit other infidelity websites, just like we’re sure most of you all do. We thought we would let you know some of our favorites. […]
Dr. Robert Huizenga, in his book “Break Free From the Affair,” recommends victims “back off” from the cheating spouse after learning of an affair. We received an email recently asking me to clarify more about what exactly I did when “backing off” after the affair. I can attest to the fact that it isn’t […]
One of the issues that is common amongst victims of marital affairs is dealing with the various affair triggers that prompt the reoccurrence of intense feelings and emotions. Yesterday’s post dealt with Linda’s reaction to the D-day anniversary of my emotional affair, and I had a brief exchange with Jeff Murrah LPC, regarding the importance […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Patsy50: I think the first thing Dale did wrong in his talk...
- Adri: I am recovering from partial paralysis for the pas...
- TryingHard: First Wife--Her actions definitely say she is guil...
- TheFirstWife: In my opinion Dale doesn't need the truth. His wi...
- Hopefull: I think this approach was odd also. In a short per...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I am not sure about the whole "leading w...
- Shifting Impressions: I found Dale's approach rather strange....to tell...
- TryingHard: Puzzled--No I did not hire a PI. I was getting re...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair