Happy New Year! Every year we spend a great deal of time during the week between Christmas and New Year’s working on our resolutions for the upcoming new year. This year, we did things a little differently. This year we set work and personal goals as usual, but only one real resolution – To work […]
We received a call from Linda’s brother that his ex-wife passed away early in the morning on October 26. She died of complications from Cirrhosis of the liver. She had massive internal bleeding and basically bled to death. Not a week earlier, we had talked to one of our nieces on the phone and she told […]
By Doug Recently I’ve been mentoring a lot of people who are struggling with this whole affair recovery process. Up until now, about 95% of the people I speak with are betrayed spouses (almost always women) who are trying to figure out what the heck could be going through the minds of their unfaithful […]
By Sarah P. “The truth will set you free, but not until it’s had its way with you.” –David Foster Wallace This piece is about recovering alone from infidelity and why it is not just plausible – it is possible. This post also contains more of ‘my truth’ about my relationship with my ex as I […]
By Sarah P. Abandonment causes deep shame. Abandonment by betrayal is worse than mindless neglect. Betrayal is purposeful and self-serving. If severe enough, it is traumatic.” Patrick J. Carnes, PhD (1) The other day when I was looking for studies in psychology databases, I saw an abstract that caught my eye. The abstract basically said […]
The Nuts and Bolts of Affair Recovery – The elements that need to be present in order to heal from an affair.
What are the basic elements that need to work together to help you heal from the affair? By Sarah P. This article is about some of the ‘must-haves’ that need to occur during the healing from infidelity. Conversely, there are other actions and processes that are more nuanced that need to occur, but this article […]
By Sarah P. On a message board, Kaitlyn said, “We had been married 10 years, [had a] couple of kids… and my mother-in-law just tossed that aside when my husband started having an affair with a woman from work. My husband and I are currently working on our relationship, but I still can’t believe […]
Recently a book had been brought to our attention that is authored by Steven Stosny, PhD. It’s called Living & Loving after Betrayal: How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity, and Chronic Resentment . The title alone made us think it might be useful for you guys so we were very motivated to check it out further. […]
Almost four years ago, one of our readers, “blueskyabove” made a comment on a post that we thought was pretty great. We wanted to convert it to a post back then, but forgot about it for some reason. Luckily, we ran across it again the other day and decided to share it now. Better late than never! […]
So what happens to couples that have experienced infidelity? Well, relationship expert and therapist Esther Perel kept in contact with many of her past clients to learn more about the long-term impact of infidelity. We thought that what she discovered was quite interesting and we hope that you do too. In short, she discovered three basic […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #26 January 17, 2017
- The Ache of Affairs and What You Can Do About It January 10, 2017
- New Year’s Resolutions for Affair Recovery January 3, 2017
- Change Within Before You Can Change Without December 28, 2016
- Merry Christmas! December 25, 2016
- Discussion: Your Affair Recovery Wishlist for the Holidays December 20, 2016
- You Have the Power – Staying Empowered Through the Holidays and Beyond December 13, 2016
- Cheaters Can Be Masters at Emotional Manipulation December 6, 2016
- blueskyabove: * The FirstWife and Shifting Impressions, Bravo...
- TheFirstWife: I actually spent the last 6 months going over the ...
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, Thanks again for sharing what yo...
- Butterball: Our problem is a bit of the opposite at the moment...
- Shifting Impressions: TFW That is interesting that you posted that....m...
- TryingHard: Hi Butterball--I thought maybe it was a cultural t...
- TheFirstWife: Here is what is working for me. .For 2017 I have d...
- HOLMES: Sarah, I did want to say a great article. All wome...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair