Do you sometimes feel as though getting over an affair and releasing the anger and hurt is just a dream? We recently came across this article that was written by a former betrayed spouse. It demonstrates how the wayward and betrayed spouses can have differing perceptions of what the truth actually is, which in turn […]
On Tuesday we posted an article about how gratitude can help you on your journey to acceptance after an affair. The author’s mention of the practice of gratitude intrigued us and motivated us to do a little bit more research on the subject. Today we wanted to delve a little bit more into this whole […]
by Tim Tedder There are few pains deeper than those caused by an affair. Among thousands of infidelity cases I’ve encountered, I do not know of a single betrayed partner who escaped those wounds. The path toward healing is long and difficult, leaving many to wonder if they will ever feel “normal” again. Most eventually […]
We’ve had this blog now for almost five years, and over that period of time we’ve had the honor of communicating with thousands of people who have been affected in some way by infidelity. It just so happens that about 85% of the time it has been with those whose spouse has been unfaithful. In […]
“Healing means recognizing that The Trauma You is just one aspect of who you are. Sure, right now it may be the dominant aspect, but it’s still only one part of the whole you. Recovery gains strength by learning to (re)recognize the rest of who you are with more and more clarity.” Betrayed spouses and […]
“It’s time to move on.” “I know I screwed up and I know I won’t do it again.” “Digging up all these past wounds doesn’t do either of us any good.” Have you heard (or said) any – or all – of these phrases in the past? Of course you as the betrayed also want […]
I was talking to my father the other day and he mentioned to me that it was the ten year anniversary of my grandpa passing away. I hadn’t remembered that at all, but after hearing that I started to travel down memory lane just a bit to think about my grandparents. One thing that always […]
“We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa The pain of being betrayed by your spouse is a strong feeling that can be difficult to process. Why? Because the trauma of the betrayal creates within us many emotions, such as fear, confusion, shame, guilt, anger, and resentment. These […]
Reflections on what I’ve learned and what I wish I’d known twenty years ago. by Tim Tedder I remember one particular afternoon in college when, for some reason, I became deeply contemplative during a walk from class to my dorm room. My considerations turned to future expectations, imagining what path my life would take. What […]
My mother had to have a cancerous kidney removed this week, so needless to say we’ve been spending a lot of time at the hospital. Thankfully, the cancer that was discovered was determined to be fully contained within the kidney, so at 80 years of age, my mother has a pretty clean prognosis going forward. […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Why Some Betrayed Spouses Have a Hard Time Getting Over an Affair March 27, 2015
- Online Affairs – What They Are, How They Start and the Damage They Cause March 24, 2015
- The Cheater’s Behavior Depends on the Betrayed Spouse’s Behavior March 20, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #17 March 17, 2015
- After Infidelity the Only Thing That is For Certain is Uncertainty March 13, 2015
- TV Can be Hazardous to Your Affair Recovery March 10, 2015
- Can a Trial Separation Actually Save a Marriage? March 6, 2015
- Advice for the Unfaithful – Conquer Your Fight or Flight Response March 3, 2015
- Beckyb2: Also my husband seems to believe that by doing the...
- openheart: SCOTT, THANK YOU for your profound and eloquent wo...
- openheart: Blue, I waited 10 years to marry my husband...10! ...
- Penny: My husbands EA played out in front of my face. I w...
- Beckyb2: I'm 3.7 years from dd #1 .honestly I lost count a...
- Shifting Impressions: I can relate and am in agreement with so much of t...
- TryingHard: I guess it's a matter of spiritual faith and beli...
- theresa: Isn't it more like God to try to divert you from ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair