By Savannah Ellis Unfortunately, most people in our culture have the wrong idea about what acceptance means. There are five primary myths that abound. I would like to describe each myth for you, and then tell you why it is a myth. Acceptance Myth #1: Acceptance Can Happen All at Once This is the #1 […]
I realize that it’s very cliché to compare the struggles that go along with affair recovery to climbing a mountain, but after our experience on our vacation we discovered that the comparison to be even more appropriate. While in the White Mountains in New Hampshire we set off on a day-hike called the Franconia Ridge Loop […]
Last Friday was Doug’s annual outing with a bunch of his old high school buddies. It’s when they go golfing, attend a baseball game and hit the bars afterwards. Basically they act about 35 years younger than they all are. Then they go home and recuperate for the rest of the weekend! Anyways, after their […]
It seems that most betrayed spouses never really get a true heartfelt, genuine apology after the affair from the unfaithful spouse. Sure, they may get the standard “I’m sorry” but it seems as though they usually hear those two words much too often as the cheater continues their lies and poor behavior. This post is […]
By Sarah P. Betrayed spouses report that one of the most harmful things about infidelity, if not the most harmful thing in some cases, is the loss of Trust. The reason I capitalize the word Trust is because you haven’t just become semi-untrustworthy, but rather completely untrustworthy after you have been unfaithful. Trust is one […]
by Sarah P. Many of us joke about situations where someone shares too much information. We close our ears and say: “La la La la” because someone just over shared. After you have had an affair, it’s likely that your first instinct is to hide the details. You furiously delete all the emails, the text […]
by Sarah P. If you are an unfaithful spouse, sometimes you have a hard time comprehending the absolutely visceral pain that your spouse goes through after he/she finds out about your affair. I would like to give you a glimpse into his/her world so that you will understand where the tearfulness and rage comes from. […]
Do you sometimes feel as though getting over an affair and releasing the anger and hurt is just a dream? We recently came across this article that was written by a former betrayed spouse. It demonstrates how the wayward and betrayed spouses can have differing perceptions of what the truth actually is, which in turn […]
On Tuesday we posted an article about how gratitude can help you on your journey to acceptance after an affair. The author’s mention of the practice of gratitude intrigued us and motivated us to do a little bit more research on the subject. Today we wanted to delve a little bit more into this whole […]
by Tim Tedder There are few pains deeper than those caused by an affair. Among thousands of infidelity cases I’ve encountered, I do not know of a single betrayed partner who escaped those wounds. The path toward healing is long and difficult, leaving many to wonder if they will ever feel “normal” again. Most eventually […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #21 October 13, 2015
- No More Lies, Please! October 6, 2015
- The Ultimatum After an Affair September 29, 2015
- The Most Powerful Technique to Save Your Marriage September 22, 2015
- What to Do if You Run Into Your Affair Partner September 15, 2015
- Will You Ever Be Able To Trust Again? September 8, 2015
- Brené Brown on ‘Rumbling with Forgiveness’ September 1, 2015
- A Conversation with Kate August 25, 2015
- TryingHard: Doug I've actually read her book Liespotting. I...
- TheFirstWife: Trying Hard and DWD. TH excellent points. Both...
- TryingHard: Done with denial Ok just throwing my two cents in...
- Done With Denial: Thank you to all of you wonderful and supportive l...
- CBb: It might be the right time to get your Plan B goin...
- Tryinghard: Falling Ash My h did go to the town for business ...
- Falling Ash: Yes it does mean "Other Half"...well in my case ...
- Strengthrequired: Th, fallingash, I found my ch a few times at the o...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair