I listen to a few podcasts on a weekly basis. My listening interests range primarily from sports, to business to relationships. The other day I listened to a business-related podcast on Donald Miller’s site where he interviewed David Horsager, leadership speaker and author of The Trust Edge. David believes practically every business problem is ultimately […]
By Sarah P. This post is part two of a three part series on Affair Trauma. (Click here for Part One) In this post, I will discuss the real reasons you feel like you cannot fight the battle against trauma anymore. Once we understand why trauma and subsequent symptoms of PTSD are so difficult to […]
I’m on a quest this year to read as many books as I can. I’m juggling my reading time somewhere in between my incredibly busy schedule at school and my almost daily caretaking of my aging parents. I am currently finishing up a book by Cheryl Strayed entitled, “Tiny Beautiful Things.” You may have […]
Happy New Year! Every year we spend a great deal of time during the week between Christmas and New Year’s working on our resolutions for the upcoming new year. This year, we did things a little differently. This year we set work and personal goals as usual, but only one real resolution – To work […]
We received a call from Linda’s brother that his ex-wife passed away early in the morning on October 26. She died of complications from Cirrhosis of the liver. She had massive internal bleeding and basically bled to death. Not a week earlier, we had talked to one of our nieces on the phone and she told […]
By Doug Recently I’ve been mentoring a lot of people who are struggling with this whole affair recovery process. Up until now, about 95% of the people I speak with are betrayed spouses (almost always women) who are trying to figure out what the heck could be going through the minds of their unfaithful […]
By Sarah P. “The truth will set you free, but not until it’s had its way with you.” –David Foster Wallace This piece is about recovering alone from infidelity and why it is not just plausible – it is possible. This post also contains more of ‘my truth’ about my relationship with my ex as I […]
By Sarah P. Abandonment causes deep shame. Abandonment by betrayal is worse than mindless neglect. Betrayal is purposeful and self-serving. If severe enough, it is traumatic.” Patrick J. Carnes, PhD (1) The other day when I was looking for studies in psychology databases, I saw an abstract that caught my eye. The abstract basically said […]
The Nuts and Bolts of Affair Recovery – The elements that need to be present in order to heal from an affair.
What are the basic elements that need to work together to help you heal from the affair? By Sarah P. This article is about some of the ‘must-haves’ that need to occur during the healing from infidelity. Conversely, there are other actions and processes that are more nuanced that need to occur, but this article […]
By Sarah P. On a message board, Kaitlyn said, “We had been married 10 years, [had a] couple of kids… and my mother-in-law just tossed that aside when my husband started having an affair with a woman from work. My husband and I are currently working on our relationship, but I still can’t believe […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Doug: Hey guys, we need some help... For our next Co...
- TryingHard: Butterball I remember your story from months ago....
- TryingHard: Butterball It is our business. I wasn't working...
- Lisa: My baby daddy been cheating on me and the girl is ...
- Butterball: I know this is an old post but it came up at the b...
- Butterball: This is such an amazing story! Wow. It sounds like...
- Butterball: This is a very interesting issue. You may remember...
- Satori: TryingHard, Your story is EVERYTHING. I am o...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair