Recently a book had been brought to our attention that is authored by Steven Stosny, PhD. It’s called Living & Loving after Betrayal: How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity, and Chronic Resentment . The title alone made us think it might be useful for you guys so we were very motivated to check it out further. […]
Almost four years ago, one of our readers, “blueskyabove” made a comment on a post that we thought was pretty great. We wanted to convert it to a post back then, but forgot about it for some reason. Luckily, we ran across it again the other day and decided to share it now. Better late than never! […]
So what happens to couples that have experienced infidelity? Well, relationship expert and therapist Esther Perel kept in contact with many of her past clients to learn more about the long-term impact of infidelity. We thought that what she discovered was quite interesting and we hope that you do too. In short, she discovered three basic […]
We all make mistakes along our affair recovery journeys, but it sure seems as though the unfaithful spouse is the person making the lion’s share of them. I made my share of them for sure and I talk with people all the time who communicate to me the mistakes they and their spouse have made […]
By Savannah Ellis Unfortunately, most people in our culture have the wrong idea about what acceptance means. There are five primary myths that abound. I would like to describe each myth for you, and then tell you why it is a myth. Acceptance Myth #1: Acceptance Can Happen All at Once This is the #1 […]
I realize that it’s very cliché to compare the struggles that go along with affair recovery to climbing a mountain, but after our experience on our vacation we discovered that the comparison to be even more appropriate. While in the White Mountains in New Hampshire we set off on a day-hike called the Franconia Ridge Loop […]
Last Friday was Doug’s annual outing with a bunch of his old high school buddies. It’s when they go golfing, attend a baseball game and hit the bars afterwards. Basically they act about 35 years younger than they all are. Then they go home and recuperate for the rest of the weekend! Anyways, after their […]
It seems that most betrayed spouses never really get a true heartfelt, genuine apology after the affair from the unfaithful spouse. Sure, they may get the standard “I’m sorry” but it seems as though they usually hear those two words much too often as the cheater continues their lies and poor behavior. This post is […]
By Sarah P. Betrayed spouses report that one of the most harmful things about infidelity, if not the most harmful thing in some cases, is the loss of Trust. The reason I capitalize the word Trust is because you haven’t just become semi-untrustworthy, but rather completely untrustworthy after you have been unfaithful. Trust is one […]
by Sarah P. Many of us joke about situations where someone shares too much information. We close our ears and say: “La la La la” because someone just over shared. After you have had an affair, it’s likely that your first instinct is to hide the details. You furiously delete all the emails, the text […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #23 April 26, 2016
- 11 Rules of Fair Fighting – Taming the Incredible Hulk April 19, 2016
- Do Open Marriages Work? April 12, 2016
- For Betrayed Men: Why women cheat and leverage that you have if your wife cheated April 5, 2016
- Time For Real Talk – The leverage you have when your husband won’t leave the other woman March 29, 2016
- Don’t Be Caught Off Guard – How to Recognize An Emotional Affair: Suspicions, Signs, and Symptoms March 22, 2016
- A Betrayed Spouse’s Worst Enemy: The Smartphone and PC March 15, 2016
- Summary of the 2016 Annual Reader Survey March 8, 2016
- Tabs: SI, I just don't care to repeat the pain. I'v...
- Lisa: I'm not sure the author used the best "tone" if...
- Strengthrequired: Ann, I used to be the same. The difference for me...
- lola: exactly did this!!and keep all evidences just in c...
- Shifting Impressions: Anti I am so sorry to hear that. Yes, wouldn't ...
- Shifting Impressions: Tabs Yes, I remember you mentioning that. How pai...
- TryingHard: Antiskank I am so sorry your husband has not prog...
- theresa: I often think that his bluster, indignation, conde...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair