I realize that it’s very cliché to compare the struggles that go along with affair recovery to climbing a mountain, but after our experience on our vacation we discovered that the comparison to be even more appropriate. While in the White Mountains in New Hampshire we set off on a day-hike called the Franconia Ridge Loop […]
Last Friday was Doug’s annual outing with a bunch of his old high school buddies. It’s when they go golfing, attend a baseball game and hit the bars afterwards. Basically they act about 35 years younger than they all are. Then they go home and recuperate for the rest of the weekend! Anyways, after their […]
It seems that most betrayed spouses never really get a true heartfelt, genuine apology after the affair from the unfaithful spouse. Sure, they may get the standard “I’m sorry” but it seems as though they usually hear those two words much too often as the cheater continues their lies and poor behavior. This post is […]
By Sarah P. Betrayed spouses report that one of the most harmful things about infidelity, if not the most harmful thing in some cases, is the loss of Trust. The reason I capitalize the word Trust is because you haven’t just become semi-untrustworthy, but rather completely untrustworthy after you have been unfaithful. Trust is one […]
by Sarah P. Many of us joke about situations where someone shares too much information. We close our ears and say: “La la La la” because someone just over shared. After you have had an affair, it’s likely that your first instinct is to hide the details. You furiously delete all the emails, the text […]
by Sarah P. If you are an unfaithful spouse, sometimes you have a hard time comprehending the absolutely visceral pain that your spouse goes through after he/she finds out about your affair. I would like to give you a glimpse into his/her world so that you will understand where the tearfulness and rage comes from. […]
Do you sometimes feel as though getting over an affair and releasing the anger and hurt is just a dream? We recently came across this article that was written by a former betrayed spouse. It demonstrates how the wayward and betrayed spouses can have differing perceptions of what the truth actually is, which in turn […]
On Tuesday we posted an article about how gratitude can help you on your journey to acceptance after an affair. The author’s mention of the practice of gratitude intrigued us and motivated us to do a little bit more research on the subject. Today we wanted to delve a little bit more into this whole […]
by Tim Tedder There are few pains deeper than those caused by an affair. Among thousands of infidelity cases I’ve encountered, I do not know of a single betrayed partner who escaped those wounds. The path toward healing is long and difficult, leaving many to wonder if they will ever feel “normal” again. Most eventually […]
We’ve had this blog now for almost five years, and over that period of time we’ve had the honor of communicating with thousands of people who have been affected in some way by infidelity. It just so happens that about 85% of the time it has been with those whose spouse has been unfaithful. In […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Mount Infidelity – The Toughest Climb You’ll Ever Do July 31, 2015
- Nip Flirting In the Bud Before It Happens (Again) July 28, 2015
- 33 Observations from Two Weeks on the Road July 24, 2015
- We’re Hitting the Road Again July 3, 2015
- How About Sharing More About Yourself? June 30, 2015
- Are People With Avoidant Personality Disorder More Likely To Cheat On Their Partners? June 26, 2015
- The Five Phases a Cheater Goes Through After an Affair is Discovered June 23, 2015
- 30 Years and Counting June 19, 2015
- exercisegrace: TH and SR, you guys will appreciate this story! O...
- Tabs: SR- I know exactly what you're going through. ...
- Jessica: Thank you for answering me! i get tired of everyth...
- Rachel: Jessica They yell and blame us because they know...
- Jessica: wow your story sounds like mine. i have been going...
- Strengthrequired: My h was clueless too TH, years and years of cluel...
- Strengthrequired: Sometimes you can't help but wonder, is it all wo...
- Strengthrequired: I think I'm still climbing down the mountain... ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair