By Sarah P. Betrayed spouses report that one of the most harmful things about infidelity, if not the most harmful thing in some cases, is the loss of Trust. The reason I capitalize the word Trust is because you haven’t just become semi-untrustworthy, but rather completely untrustworthy after you have been unfaithful. Trust is one […]
by Sarah P. Many of us joke about situations where someone shares too much information. We close our ears and say: “La la La la” because someone just over shared. After you have had an affair, it’s likely that your first instinct is to hide the details. You furiously delete all the emails, the text […]
by Sarah P. If you are an unfaithful spouse, sometimes you have a hard time comprehending the absolutely visceral pain that your spouse goes through after he/she finds out about your affair. I would like to give you a glimpse into his/her world so that you will understand where the tearfulness and rage comes from. […]
Do you sometimes feel as though getting over an affair and releasing the anger and hurt is just a dream? We recently came across this article that was written by a former betrayed spouse. It demonstrates how the wayward and betrayed spouses can have differing perceptions of what the truth actually is, which in turn […]
On Tuesday we posted an article about how gratitude can help you on your journey to acceptance after an affair. The author’s mention of the practice of gratitude intrigued us and motivated us to do a little bit more research on the subject. Today we wanted to delve a little bit more into this whole […]
by Tim Tedder There are few pains deeper than those caused by an affair. Among thousands of infidelity cases I’ve encountered, I do not know of a single betrayed partner who escaped those wounds. The path toward healing is long and difficult, leaving many to wonder if they will ever feel “normal” again. Most eventually […]
We’ve had this blog now for almost five years, and over that period of time we’ve had the honor of communicating with thousands of people who have been affected in some way by infidelity. It just so happens that about 85% of the time it has been with those whose spouse has been unfaithful. In […]
“Healing means recognizing that The Trauma You is just one aspect of who you are. Sure, right now it may be the dominant aspect, but it’s still only one part of the whole you. Recovery gains strength by learning to (re)recognize the rest of who you are with more and more clarity.” Betrayed spouses and […]
“It’s time to move on.” “I know I screwed up and I know I won’t do it again.” “Digging up all these past wounds doesn’t do either of us any good.” Have you heard (or said) any – or all – of these phrases in the past? Of course you as the betrayed also want […]
I was talking to my father the other day and he mentioned to me that it was the ten year anniversary of my grandpa passing away. I hadn’t remembered that at all, but after hearing that I started to travel down memory lane just a bit to think about my grandparents. One thing that always […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Forgiveness And Recovery – Intrinsically Linked May 5, 2015
- Cheating Spouses: How to Become Trustworthy After the Affair May 1, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #18 April 28, 2015
- Obsessive Focus – Relentless Thoughts or Conversations About the Affair – Part 3 April 24, 2015
- Obsessive Focus – Relentless Thoughts or Conversations About the Affair – Part 2 April 21, 2015
- Obsessive Focus – Relentless Thoughts or Conversations About the Affair April 17, 2015
- Recap – The 2015 Emotional Affair Journey Comprehensive Reader Survey April 14, 2015
- No Such Thing As TMI – The Importance of Full Disclosure after You Have Had an Affair April 10, 2015
- 2yearsout: Scott, I want to say thank you for addressing the ...
- Tryingtorecover: Scott- it sounds like your situation differs from ...
- Scott: My ex is not safe for me personally. I will not p...
- Scott: It's all in what you're willing to live with and...
- loveheals: My partner is working hard. The other day he had a...
- tabs9: My CS won't read any articles because he "doesn...
- Strengthrequired: Ladies, you are not alone, my h won't read them e...
- TrustingGod: Scott, I feel like you can look at your divorce wi...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair