Let’s face it. Not every marriage is going to survive infidelity. But are you really ready for divorce? It‘s probably impossible to know what percentage of marriages end in divorce as a result of infidelity. But based on the reader surveys we’ve conducted over the years, the percentage of divorced and/or separated respondents hovers around […]
So what happens when your husband marries the other woman? By Sarah P. There are several influences that could lead to a man leaving his wife and marrying the other woman. As you know, these people are less than 10% of the men out there, and when they do leave their marriage has a 70% chance […]
How to Tell the Difference and Why It’s Important to Know the Difference. Sarah P. Some men never stop looking for the affair – they are serial cheaters whose affairs have nothing to do with relatedness to another, intimacy, sharing, pain or silence–They connect as conquest to bolster a well hidden but fragile ego. […]
I was doing the grocery shopping Sunday as always, when about 50 feet or so in front of me I spotted Sherri, a woman who used to live in our neighborhood. It was rumored that she and her husband had their house foreclosed on after a particularly nasty divorce. I was sure Sherri noticed me […]
The other day I had a brief but interesting conversation with my sister-in-law regarding her relationship with her adult step children. In case you’re wondering, yes this is my brother-in-law’s wife (initially his affair partner), and the step kids I’m referring to are our nieces and nephew. It’s an extremely rare occasion that I’m ever […]
A separation can often be the result after an affair has been discovered. Though we feel it is possible that being separated while trying to recover can be a good thing in some cases, it can also make it more difficult to save a marriage – unless it is done the right way, that is. […]
I know you guys are probably tired of reading my rants about my brother and my disapproval of his situation, but I just had to share another example of the selfish bubble that he and his wife continue to reside in. For those of you who do not know, a few years ago my brother […]
My mother has been bugging me since before Thanksgiving to find a weekend when we could all get together with my brother and his wife for dinner and to celebrate my brother’s birthday. She knows I don’t like hanging out with them but she’s doing her best to push us together. She is blind to […]
Last night, Linda and I were out at a baseball game and ran into a friend who we haven’t seen in quite a while – maybe 2 or 3 years. We talked for awhile and both of us left the conversation with our jaws hanging. Here’s the story… Our sons played summer travel baseball together […]
This is part one of a three-part series by Sarah P. called, “Three In the Bed: Narcissistic Mother-in-Laws, Attachment, and How It Affects Your Marriage” Note: After seeing some of the comments about my last article on narcissism, I felt like this would be a timely piece. In this series, I present clinical data about […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The Big Five: Gottman’s Communication Techniques to Talk about Infidelity April 18, 2017
- You Decide: Ron and Maria – Living in Affair Limbo April 11, 2017
- Is It Possible that Adult ADHD Contributed to an Affair? April 4, 2017
- Musings on Infidelity: Affairs Are Not Original and Not Excusable March 28, 2017
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- TryingHard: OK well that is fitting with my thought process. ...
- Hopefull: My husband was the opposite. He had constant atten...
- Hopefull: TryingHard, You have it exactly right with this gr...
- Hopefull: This really has been my newest revelation. After g...
- rs: Hello Danni, I pray that you will find your pie...
- TheFirstWife: I also think in my H's case that he had only one ...
- TryingHard: Hi Hopeful--your comment got me thinking. These fr...
- CJ: How righteous of you. Did you know your ?? was mar...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair