We recently purchased a very good program called Bounce Back from Betrayal that contains a bunch of great resources to help a person navigate their way through the affair recovery process.
After we sent out an email last week regarding the program, the program creator contacted us and was kind enough to offer a sample of one of the expert interviews that is included. Since we are always looking for additional beneficial content, we were more than willing to take him up on his offer.
So today we have an interview with Karla Downing. Karla offers relationship help as a speaker, author, licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Bible study teacher, and mentor for women and men in difficult relationships. She has a website called Changemyrelationship.com
She has also authored 3 books which can be found on Amazon:
- The Truth in the Mirror: A Guide to Healthy Self-Image
- When Love Hurts: 10 Principles to Transform Difficult Relationships
- 10 Lifesaving Principles for Women in Difficult Marriages
The audio covers a fairly wide range of affair recovery related issues and moves from talking about emotional affairs to talking more about affairs in general.
Here are some of the points that are touched on during the 57-minute long interview:
- When guilt takes over the cheater tends to justify the affair by blaming the spouse, thinking they are in love with their affair partner and rewriting the history of the marriage.
- Women are more likely to get into affairs for emotional reasons rather than physical.
- What to do (and what not to do) when a spouse refuses to end their affair.
- The importance of discussing the affair and obtaining information in order to heal and prevent any future infidelity.
- Contacting or confronting the other person.
- Can too much detail be harmful? Some details you want to know and others you may not want to know.
- Should you tell the affair partner’s spouse about the affair?
- The importance of rebuilding the marriage in a strong way.
- Temporary separation – pros and cons.
- How long does it take to feel normal again and get over the affair?
- Coping strategies to achieve a healthy environment for healing and rebuilding trust.
- What if the unfaithful spouse is doing everything possible but the spouse still cannot get over it?
- Coping with affair triggers and obsessive thoughts.
- The healing process in a nutshell.
- And much more…
You can listen to the audio by clicking the play arrow or you can right click on this link and save it to your computer to listen later or to upload to your MP3 player.[audio:https://www.emotionalaffair.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Karladowning4.mp3]
We’d like to thank Kajay, the creator of Bounce Back from Betrayal for offering us the opportunity to listen to the audio. There are 29 additional expert interviews as part of the program, which you can check out here.