by Sarah P. After you find out about your husband’s or wife’s affair, the very first thing that you must realize is that nothing will be normal again. Your task is to create a new normal as a couple and that normal includes a marriage that will ultimately be better than before. But that […]
Boundaries After the Affair – How to Use Physical, Geographical, and Emotional Boundaries to Move Forward
I realize that it’s very cliché to compare the struggles that go along with affair recovery to climbing a mountain, but after our experience on our vacation we discovered that the comparison to be even more appropriate. While in the White Mountains in New Hampshire we set off on a day-hike called the Franconia Ridge Loop […]
We recently had the pleasure on speaking with Joyce Smith, MA, MFT via telephone about a variety of infidelity recovery issues. Naturally, we recorded the conversation so that you all could listen. In case you don’t remember, Joyce was kind enough to write a 3-part series of articles on Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (see bottom […]
Today we have another guest article for you. This one is from Dr. Jim Hutt, Ph.D., MFT and deals with how punishing the cheater can possibly stall infidelity recovery. Dr. Hutt is a therapist in the San Francisco area and specializes in couples therapy, marriage counseling, individual counseling and parenting. His website is http://www.counselorlink.com/. Though […]
I can’t remember who it was or if it was in the forum or in a comment, but a reader mentioned the “Autobiography in Five Short Chapters,” and naturally I had to check it out. When you read this very brief poem, I think that you might be able to relate to the metaphor of […]
Recently we were asked to review “Infidelity Recovery: Marriage Makeover” by Dr. Robert Huizenga, and in the introductory section there was a story about a couple that he was counseling and they were having a terrible time after the husband had an affair. The couple had resigned themselves to “work on the relationship,” but for […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Pat: I found out that my ex and the woman he left me fo...
- TryingHard: Hi Tina I'm assuming you're addressing me with ...
- TryingHard: Oh DI thank you. I hope in some little way my stor...
- Shifting Impressions: Trying Hard Thanks for sharing that raw uncensore...
- Tina: I have read some of your posts and appreciate your...
- TryingHard: That is the story I could never tell. I'm not sur...
- TryingHard: Thanks ladies. I'm lucky I wasn't arrested after...
- theresa: There are good triggers and bad triggers. The exp...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair