This post may not be appropriate, however sometimes it’s nice to add a little humor when the content is so serious. I did not intend to make fun of Doug or make him look stupid, even though he was! I just think some of the things he said were humorous. It’s true that when you […]
Hi there, After Linda discovered my emotional affair with Tanya, she became a research fanatic. She scoured the Internet for hours at a time trying to find anything that would help our situation and offer advice on how to heal the pain that she was feeling. I reluctantly read several of them, but most of […]
Linda and I went out of town this weekend to finish up a project I’ve been working on for my sister the past couple of months. We worked most of the day painting and sanding drywall, and then we went out to dinner at a local pub both Saturday and Sunday night. Outside of the […]
One of the issues that may have caused Linda and I to drift apart was the fact that we both tended to shy away from confrontation. Now on the surface you might think that it isn’t such a bad thing to do,as there sure are a lot less arguments that way! However, when things were […]
In response to Linda’s post from yesterday, I’d like to say that looking back on things, there came a point when I realized that there were too many things that were so important to me that I was risking losing by my continuing to have a relationship with Tanya. I guess the first and […]
I thought it would be helpful to show you a brief video of what renowned relationship therapist, Dr. Sheri Meyers considers as signs of an emotional affair. Enjoy:
This post will tell you everything you need to know about the signs of an emotional affair, as well as those signs I noticed with Doug. We are often asked by readers about the emotional affair signs that a person should look out for – both from the standpoint of suspecting their spouse of an […]
One of the hardest things we’ve had to deal with lately about my emotional affair is that Linda is continuing to have a problem with trusting me and continually questions whether I really do love her. It’s not a question of trust in the normal sense of Linda thinking I’m out on the prowl for […]
Linda and I have been married for close to 25 years now, and there was not one single event that lead up to me having an emotional affair with a co-worker. Rather, it was a culmination of many things. Generally speaking, I would have to say that it was a combination of both of us […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Musings on Infidelity: Affairs Are Not Original and Not Excusable March 28, 2017
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- Coping with the Pain of Infidelity February 21, 2017
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Tired: I just re read this article. It is so spot on. My ...
- Tired: Also Puzzled, that blank and angry stare. I have s...
- Tired: Puzzled. I think we will go to counselling. Perhap...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I love that fishbowl idea........I think ...
- Puzzled: Keeping her from becoming defensive is the challen...
- Hopefull: Puzzled, These conversations are so hard. My husba...
- Robert M.: So I haven't mentioned anything about the affair ...
- Doug: That's good to hear Broken2! Though it sucks bad ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair