By Linda Fall is our favorite time of year. So far, it has been a beautiful one with bright sunny days and temperatures in the 70’s. Last weekend we took advantage of the weather, loaded up our trailer and went camping at a state park that’s just about an hour or so from our home. […]
By Sarah P. Doug suggested an interesting post topic for this week. The post was inspired by his recent observations about the presidential race taking more of an even more personal turn. Recently Donald Trump has been in the news because of more inflammatory marks toward Hillary Clinton. (Surprise, surprise.) His recent attack has focused on […]
By Doug Recently I’ve been mentoring a lot of people who are struggling with this whole affair recovery process. Up until now, about 95% of the people I speak with are betrayed spouses (almost always women) who are trying to figure out what the heck could be going through the minds of their unfaithful […]
By Sarah P. Imagine this scenario: you have a friend who always tells little white lies. Or worse, imagine that you have a friend who intentionally cheats on taxes or has extramarital affairs. From your perspective, it is evident that this person is being highly unethical in his or her behavior. But, this same person […]
By Sarah P. “The truth will set you free, but not until it’s had its way with you.” –David Foster Wallace This piece is about recovering alone from infidelity and why it is not just plausible – it is possible. This post also contains more of ‘my truth’ about my relationship with my ex as I […]
Well, it’s been a couple of months so it’s time again for an Open ‘Mic’ discussion. You guys call the shots and discuss the topics that you want to discuss. This is Open ‘Mic’ #25 and we know there must be some things that are going on that you can either ask questions about, share […]
By Sarah P. Empathy is the most mysterious transaction that the human soul can have, and it’s accessible to all of us, but we have to give ourselves the opportunity to identify, to plunge ourselves in a story where we see the world from the bottom up or through another’s eyes or heart.” – Sue Monk […]
We’ve reached a bit of a milestone here at Emotional Affair Journey… This is post number 1000! Almost 6 years. About 800,000 words. Over 33,000 comments. Over 6 million page views. Wow! Who da thunk it? Never in a million years did we think we’d still have this site after almost 6 years. And to […]
By Sarah P. If you have been through an affair, you have come a long way, baby. You know your story backwards and forwards and have become a wiser person. You have been able to piece together how you got there and how far you have come. (By the way, I do smoke and I […]
When you are dealing with a spouse poacher, she thinks any season is a good season to poach another woman’s husband. By Sarah P. You have been through it and you know the drill. Your husband has been unfaithful and you are unsure whether or not he will be unfaithful again. To make matters worse, […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Our Hike in the Forest – A Metaphor for Our Affair Recovery Journey October 18, 2016
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- Our Affair Recovery – Two Subtle Shifts That Made a Difference October 4, 2016
- The Perfect Spouse: How Unethical Amnesia Might Affect Getting the Truth September 27, 2016
- Save Yourself: You Can Recover From Infidelity Even If Your Partner Is Not an Active Participant September 20, 2016
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #25 September 13, 2016
- At the Heart of Attachment: How to Use Empathy to Communicate Effectively For On-Going Recovery September 6, 2016
- Our 1000th Post! August 30, 2016
- TheFirstWife: Hi Sara. Wow that is harsh. He thinks his life is...
- Rachel: Sara, My ex also told me they had a plan to be to...
- Sara: First Wife, I probably had no chance the minute he...
- TheFirstWife: Sara you are being very kind and understanding w/ ...
- Sara: First Wife, believe me it has not been easy to kno...
- TheFirstWife: I am sorry you have to resort to this. I hated mys...
- TryingHard: LOL good for you Sara, keep spying!!! Just becau...
- Sara: I know you cant believe me when I say they do not ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair