Sunday we will be packing up our semi-trusty SUV we call ‘Old Betsy’ in preparation for hitting the road early Monday morning for a two week vacation in New England. Old Betsy is almost 15 years old and has about 202,000 miles on her. She’s seen a good part of this country on the way […]
We have noticed lately that there are many new people who have been visiting our site and who have been making comments and sharing their experiences. Since our reader base does tend to change frequently, we thought now would be a good time to repeat a fun exercise that was last done back in January of 2014. […]
by Kajay Williams Some people are more likely to cheat than others – that’s just the way the world works. Some people will find it much easier to set aside the boundaries of marriage and embark on more than one relationship than others – but there’s a very good reason why. Recent research has suggested […]
After an affair is discovered, in most cases a metamorphosis begins for the unfaithful spouse. Up until that time he/she may have been carrying on as if nothing was going on. They were stealthy in their ways and they thought they would never get caught. Then it happens. The affair is discovered. It could have […]
Today we have been married for 30 years. That’s a long time. But it’s just another day. I’m working. Linda is off to her chiropractor appointment and then to the store. The girls are at their summer college classes and our son is traveling back from a trip out West. Oh, and our dog is asleep […]
Affair Counseling – A Specialized Focus by Tim Tedder, LMHC, NCC Imagine a man with high blood pressure being hit by a truck while crossing a street. He smashes to the pavement, broken and bloodied, and a nearby doctor rushes to his aid. The doctor quickly assesses the situation and then exclaims, “Man, you’re in […]
Last Friday was Doug’s annual outing with a bunch of his old high school buddies. It’s when they go golfing, attend a baseball game and hit the bars afterwards. Basically they act about 35 years younger than they all are. Then they go home and recuperate for the rest of the weekend! Anyways, after their […]
It’s that time again for you guys to take control of the topics that are most important to you. Yes, this is Open Mic #19 and we know there must be some things that are going on that you can either ask questions about, share your experiences – or maybe just do a little venting. […]
As often happens while surfing the web, we stumbled across an article that we felt might be of interest to you guys. This particular one is from Guy Winch, Ph.D., who is a licensed psychologist and author of Emotional First Aid: Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and Other Everyday Hurts. Please read it and then respond in the comment […]
Note: We posted this discussion over 2 years ago and it proved to be somewhat successful, so we thought we’d run it again. ************* When on the emotional roller coaster that comes with infidelity, one can do some crazy things. Not necessarily crazy bad – like firing a gun at the cheater – but more like crazy […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- We’re Hitting the Road Again July 3, 2015
- How About Sharing More About Yourself? June 30, 2015
- Are People With Avoidant Personality Disorder More Likely To Cheat On Their Partners? June 26, 2015
- The Five Phases a Cheater Goes Through After an Affair is Discovered June 23, 2015
- 30 Years and Counting June 19, 2015
- Finding an Affair Recovery Specialist June 16, 2015
- Being Vulnerable Again after You Have Been Betrayed June 12, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #19 June 9, 2015
- TheFirstWife: TG, I hope you find things are better for you when...
- Strengthrequired: Thanks for the advice my lovelies, not sure I'm r...
- TrustingGod: Tryingtorecover, It sucks for those of us who w...
- tryingtorecover: Scott- your posts have helped me immensely, this o...
- TryingHard: Birks, tees, and jeans are very much in fashion Gi...
- gizfield: Maybe I'm an exception, cause menopause didn't r...
- common sense: No one will leave a happy marriage, where they are...
- Tryinghard: Ah the wonderful ness of menopause and peri menopa...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair