One thing that we’ve witnessed over the last few years which was quite surprising to us at first, is the number of incidences where the person who was unfaithful in the relationship also had a parent who cheated. It seems that indeed the apple does not fall too far from the tree. Infidelity tends to run in […]
Friday was the last day of school for me. All in all it was a pretty good year. I had really well behaved, intelligent students who enjoyed learning…For the most part. The one sore spot for the whole year was this one boy, “Austin,” who quite honestly was probably the worst student I’ve ever had […]
By Sarah P. Have you gotten your daily dose of infidelity today? For your sake and for the sake of everyone around you, I sure hope not. But, the unfortunate truth is that some people, just like crack addicts, may need their daily dose of infidelity just to feel better. Some people have brains that […]
The other day a young woman, who just discovered her husband’s affair a couple of months ago, shared some of her story with us. One thing she mentioned is that she is having this incredible urge to snoop on her husband. Primarily by checking out his phone and computer every chance she gets. Snooping after […]
That is, if you hope you repair your marriage after you had an affair. by Sarah P. (Please note…Though Sarah addresses how the grass was greener during the affair with the man as the cheater, the same issues can certainly hold true when the female is the unfaithful spouse.) After the affair ends and you find yourself in […]
It seems that most betrayed spouses never really get a true heartfelt, genuine apology after the affair from the unfaithful spouse. Sure, they may get the standard “I’m sorry” but it seems as though they usually hear those two words much too often as the cheater continues their lies and poor behavior. This post is […]
Cheating Men: If you are one of them, don’t be fooled by what evolutionary psychology says about your wiring
By Sarah P. I have found that many men’s favorite straw-man argument that validates infidelity is the argument that men have evolved to have a sole purpose in life: to spread their seed. This spurious argument, which has been brought forth by evolutionary psychologists, allows men less accountability for non-monogamous behavior. I will hand it to […]
By Mel Faith Shame and suffering are linked, as are forgiveness and health. On a purely emotional level, this has been accepted for generations – but psychological science is beginning to prove that the ability to forgive (both others and oneself) can have a profound impact upon one’s health and wellbeing. Shame and guilt are […]
By Sarah P. Betrayed spouses report that one of the most harmful things about infidelity, if not the most harmful thing in some cases, is the loss of Trust. The reason I capitalize the word Trust is because you haven’t just become semi-untrustworthy, but rather completely untrustworthy after you have been unfaithful. Trust is one […]
Is it really the end of April already??? It is indeed. And it is also that time again to talk about whatever you want to talk about! This is Open Mic #18 and we know there must be some things that are going on that you can either ask questions about, share your experiences – […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Does Cheating Run in the Family? May 29, 2015
- The Worst Third Grader Ever May 26, 2015
- Beware the Dopamine Seeker Who Needs a Daily Dose of Infidelity May 22, 2015
- Some Reader Perspectives on Snooping after an Affair May 19, 2015
- Stop Secretly Believing the Grass Was Greener… May 15, 2015
- Elements of A Heartfelt Apology after the Affair May 12, 2015
- Cheating Men: If you are one of them, don’t be fooled by what evolutionary psychology says about your wiring May 8, 2015
- Forgiveness And Recovery – Intrinsically Linked May 5, 2015
- theresa: Sorry, to be continued. I remember vividly the ho...
- Strengthrequired: I remember getting this said to me. " what do yo...
- Strengthrequired: Trustinggod, the depression I had had plagued me f...
- theresa: This was a great analogy. I wonder if this chil...
- TrustingGod: Strengthrequired, I don't know why our stories...
- Strengthrequired: I know exactly how you feel trusting God, I'm a s...
- tryingtorcovery: Carol- What you shared makes perfect sense as far...
- TrustingGod: Strengthrequired, Sometimes I just don't know ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair