Every now and then we like to take the pulse of the readers by conducting a reader survey. In fact, it’s been over a year since we’ve taken any surveys and a year and-a-half since we’ve done this comprehensive survey. So…We’d appreciate it very much if you could help us out and take this 38-question […]
Do you sometimes feel as though getting over an affair and releasing the anger and hurt is just a dream? We recently came across this article that was written by a former betrayed spouse. It demonstrates how the wayward and betrayed spouses can have differing perceptions of what the truth actually is, which in turn […]
One thing that we’re somewhat surprised about is the number of people who we communicate with whose spouse has had an online affair. No physical connection whatsoever. And when we say no physical connection, we mean that the affair relationship is carried out completely over the Internet. They almost never meet in person – though […]
A while ago, one of our readers wrote us a comment describing a tactic that was working well for him at the time. As a result of this tactic, his cheating wife started to come back to him and was asking for a “fresh start.” Here is what he had to say… Affairs are treacherous […]
Another month has come and gone. Looks like Old Man Winter is on his way out and Spring is trying to take over. So it must be that time again to talk about whatever you want to talk about! This is Open Mic #17 and we know there must be some things that are going […]
As a betrayed spouse, one thing that we crave but is missing after an affair is discovered, is some certainty about the future. The unfaithful spouse who is remorseful and repentant typically desires this as well. Certainty is not typically out there to be had though. Uncertainty can be described as the lack of ability […]
Watching some television shows, like “Scandal” can be dangerous for your affair recovery. For the last two years during the cold, snowy winter months here in the Midwest, Linda and I have spent a good deal of time at night parked on our asses in front of the TV and a roaring fire. We have […]
A separation can often be the result after an affair has been discovered. Though we feel it is possible that being separated while trying to recover can be a good thing in some cases, it can also make it more difficult to save a marriage – unless it is done the right way, that is. […]
Do your spouse’s attempts to discover the truth and to understand the affair result in catapulting you into fight or flight mode? And when that happens, do the tables on the conversation get turned around and result in either a massive argument or in one or both of you completely shutting down? If you’re anything […]
The other day we received an email from a woman who has been betrayed by her husband of 27 years. His affair was both an EA and PA and not surprisingly it has torn her world apart. Though they’ve been able to “work things out,” the aftereffects of the affair still linger – some minor […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- The 2015 Emotional Affair Journey Comprehensive Reader Survey March 31, 2015
- Why Some Betrayed Spouses Have a Hard Time Getting Over an Affair March 27, 2015
- Online Affairs – What They Are, How They Start and the Damage They Cause March 24, 2015
- The Cheater’s Behavior Depends on the Betrayed Spouse’s Behavior March 20, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #17 March 17, 2015
- After Infidelity the Only Thing That is For Certain is Uncertainty March 13, 2015
- TV Can be Hazardous to Your Affair Recovery March 10, 2015
- Can a Trial Separation Actually Save a Marriage? March 6, 2015
- Scott: Very hard to watch. God bless you for what you'v...
- antiskank: The first thing that raised my curiosity in a nega...
- GODSPEACH: Either way, there will be ultimate trust in GOD AL...
- chameleon18: How about the obsessive stage? When does that end?...
- GODSPEACH: We MUST GET ANGRY. Without this part of the healin...
- TheFirstWife: Scott. You have some wise words. I am about 18 ...
- tony s: Thanks, this site helped me a lot. I wanted it to ...
- Rachel: Nice words, Tony S....
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair