By Mel Faith Shame and suffering are linked, as are forgiveness and health. On a purely emotional level, this has been accepted for generations – but psychological science is beginning to prove that the ability to forgive (both others and oneself) can have a profound impact upon one’s health and wellbeing. Shame and guilt are […]
By Sarah P. Betrayed spouses report that one of the most harmful things about infidelity, if not the most harmful thing in some cases, is the loss of Trust. The reason I capitalize the word Trust is because you haven’t just become semi-untrustworthy, but rather completely untrustworthy after you have been unfaithful. Trust is one […]
Is it really the end of April already??? It is indeed. And it is also that time again to talk about whatever you want to talk about! This is Open Mic #18 and we know there must be some things that are going on that you can either ask questions about, share your experiences – […]
Tim Tedder, LMHC, NCC Note: This is the last installment of a multi-article series from our friend Tim Tedder, a licensed counselor in Winter Park, Florida. The series will address ways to find relief from obsessive thoughts or conversations about the affair. This series has covered these eight strategies: Take 3 steps toward controlling your […]
Tim Tedder, LMHC, NCC Note: This is the second part of a multi-article series from our friend Tim Tedder, a licensed counselor in Winter Park, Florida. The series will address ways to find relief from obsessive thoughts or conversations about the affair. This series will cover these eight strategies: Take 3 steps toward controlling your […]
Tim Tedder, LMHC, NCC Note: This is the first of a multi-article series from our friend Tim Tedder, a licensed counselor in Winter Park, Florida. The series will address ways to find relief from obsessive thoughts or conversations about the affair. THE PROBLEM Betrayal is a bomb that blasts a relationship, causing damage in its […]
We’re sure you’ve been waiting with baited breath for the results of our most recent reader survey that we conducted a couple of weeks ago. So we’re gonna present that to you here in this lonnnggg post. First of all, we wish to thank everyone who took time out of their busy day to take […]
by Sarah P. Many of us joke about situations where someone shares too much information. We close our ears and say: “La la La la” because someone just over shared. After you have had an affair, it’s likely that your first instinct is to hide the details. You furiously delete all the emails, the text […]
The other day we received an email from a woman who shared the story of her husband’s infidelity. It was a familiar tale – one that we’ve all heard before. However, what struck us about this particular one was the extent of which her husband’s infidelity (or more so his adherence to boundaries) was affected […]
by Sarah P. If you are an unfaithful spouse, sometimes you have a hard time comprehending the absolutely visceral pain that your spouse goes through after he/she finds out about your affair. I would like to give you a glimpse into his/her world so that you will understand where the tearfulness and rage comes from. […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Forgiveness And Recovery – Intrinsically Linked May 5, 2015
- Cheating Spouses: How to Become Trustworthy After the Affair May 1, 2015
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #18 April 28, 2015
- Obsessive Focus – Relentless Thoughts or Conversations About the Affair – Part 3 April 24, 2015
- Obsessive Focus – Relentless Thoughts or Conversations About the Affair – Part 2 April 21, 2015
- Obsessive Focus – Relentless Thoughts or Conversations About the Affair April 17, 2015
- Recap – The 2015 Emotional Affair Journey Comprehensive Reader Survey April 14, 2015
- No Such Thing As TMI – The Importance of Full Disclosure after You Have Had an Affair April 10, 2015
- TrustingGod: I don't know that the author is excusing anyone'...
- 2yearsout: Scott, I want to say thank you for addressing the ...
- Tryingtorecover: Scott- it sounds like your situation differs from ...
- Scott: My ex is not safe for me personally. I will not p...
- Scott: It's all in what you're willing to live with and...
- loveheals: My partner is working hard. The other day he had a...
- tabs9: My CS won't read any articles because he "doesn...
- Strengthrequired: Ladies, you are not alone, my h won't read them e...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair