By Sarah P. You have heard it many times: when a husband has an affair, he is 100% responsible for the affair. While this is absolutely true, it lets the other woman off the hook. I want to look at it another way: the wayward husband is 100% responsible for his role in the affair, […]
Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide
By Sarah P. No one ever knows to what extent infidelity can truly consume a life. Like a fire, infidelity is indiscriminate in whom it harms and like an out-of-control blaze; it harms everyone and everything in its path. The fall out of infidelity burns through families and lives. The unfortunate truth that nothing that […]
Well, it’s that time again for an Open ‘Mic’ discussion. You guys call the shots and discuss the topics that you want to discuss. This is Open ‘Mic’ #24 and we know there must be some things that are going on that you can either ask questions about, share your experiences – or maybe […]
Making this D-Day your last has three key components or considerations. Making this D-Day your last requires activity and honest assessment on your part. I will first discuss the elements that help in rebuilding a marriage after infidelity. If those don’t work, you can still stay if you choose to. However, there are times when […]
By Sarah P. It’s the most troublesome, frustrating, and heartbreaking situation of them all: when you realize that even if your spouse stays with you, they won’t or can’t break it off with the other person. Featured Download: “The Top 10 Reasons to Leave Your Affair Partner Now” If you’re the unfaithful, get it, […]
Boundaries After the Affair – How to Use Physical, Geographical, and Emotional Boundaries to Move Forward
by Sarah P. After you find out about your husband’s or wife’s affair, the very first thing that you must realize is that nothing will be normal again. Your task is to create a new normal as a couple and that normal includes a marriage that will ultimately be better than before. But that […]
When You Decide to Stay: Dealing with triggers and the issue of trust while rebuilding your marriage.
Sarah P. About 15 years ago, I was interviewing for a contract position at a tech company. The hiring manager wanted an informal interview, so he and I went and had lunch at the company cafeteria. He didn’t have a filter and the conversation went like this: “You know, trust is a really […]
By Sarah P. Abandonment causes deep shame. Abandonment by betrayal is worse than mindless neglect. Betrayal is purposeful and self-serving. If severe enough, it is traumatic.” Patrick J. Carnes, PhD (1) The other day when I was looking for studies in psychology databases, I saw an abstract that caught my eye. The abstract basically said […]
How to Tell the Difference and Why It’s Important to Know the Difference. Sarah P. Some men never stop looking for the affair – they are serial cheaters whose affairs have nothing to do with relatedness to another, intimacy, sharing, pain or silence–They connect as conquest to bolster a well hidden but fragile ego. […]
The Nuts and Bolts of Affair Recovery – The elements that need to be present in order to heal from an affair.
What are the basic elements that need to work together to help you heal from the affair? By Sarah P. This article is about some of the ‘must-haves’ that need to occur during the healing from infidelity. Conversely, there are other actions and processes that are more nuanced that need to occur, but this article […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- When Affairs Are Deadly: Suicide and Grieving July 12, 2016
- ‘Open Mic’ Discussion #24 June 28, 2016
- Make This D-Day Your Last – What Works in Rebuilding a Marriage after Infidelity June 21, 2016
- The Four M’s: Why Cheaters Cannot Leave Their Affair Partners June 14, 2016
- Boundaries After the Affair – How to Use Physical, Geographical, and Emotional Boundaries to Move Forward June 7, 2016
- When You Decide to Stay: Dealing with triggers and the issue of trust while rebuilding your marriage. May 31, 2016
- Trauma Bonding: Why It’s So Hard to Let Go After an Affair May 24, 2016
- Sarah P: Hi Sam, So there is no progress with your dad? Ho...
- Sarah P: PS- TDP, I think many choose to stay in their mar...
- Sarah P: Hi TDP, That sounds like the OW was very predator...
- tash: I went without my h and I'm glad I did. I needed ...
- TryingHard: Hey Josie--the best advice I can give you is one d...
- Sarah P: Hi TryingHard, Unfortunately I know what you mean...
- Sarah P: PS- Bor, that is hard to have 4 kids and one who ...
- Sarah P: Hi Bor, You guys have a lot going on. It seems yo...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair