By Sarah P. “The truth will set you free, but not until it’s had its way with you.” –David Foster Wallace This piece is about recovering alone from infidelity and why it is not just plausible – it is possible. This post also contains more of ‘my truth’ about my relationship with my ex as I […]
Well, it’s been a couple of months so it’s time again for an Open ‘Mic’ discussion. You guys call the shots and discuss the topics that you want to discuss. This is Open ‘Mic’ #25 and we know there must be some things that are going on that you can either ask questions about, share […]
By Sarah P. Empathy is the most mysterious transaction that the human soul can have, and it’s accessible to all of us, but we have to give ourselves the opportunity to identify, to plunge ourselves in a story where we see the world from the bottom up or through another’s eyes or heart.” – Sue Monk […]
We’ve reached a bit of a milestone here at Emotional Affair Journey… This is post number 1000! Almost 6 years. About 800,000 words. Over 33,000 comments. Over 6 million page views. Wow! Who da thunk it? Never in a million years did we think we’d still have this site after almost 6 years. And to […]
By Sarah P. If you have been through an affair, you have come a long way, baby. You know your story backwards and forwards and have become a wiser person. You have been able to piece together how you got there and how far you have come. (By the way, I do smoke and I […]
When you are dealing with a spouse poacher, she thinks any season is a good season to poach another woman’s husband. By Sarah P. You have been through it and you know the drill. Your husband has been unfaithful and you are unsure whether or not he will be unfaithful again. To make matters worse, […]
By Sarah P. There’s nothing like betrayal to throw your self-esteem for a loop. When your spouse betrays you, you are devastated. But, your devastation might pale in comparison to the hit that your self-esteem takes when this happens. Infidelity is the worst of the worst when it comes to damaging your self-esteem. Even though […]
So what happens when your husband marries the other woman? By Sarah P. There are several influences that could lead to a man leaving his wife and marrying the other woman. As you know, these people are less than 10% of the men out there, and when they do leave their marriage has a 70% chance […]
Neither the Supermodel Nor the Housewife Wins: Hedonic Adaptation in Relationships and How it Could Play a Role in Infidelity
By Sarah P. What do men like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robin Williams, Ben Affleck, Jude Law, and Hugh Grant have in common? On the other side, what do women like Adrianna Lima, Christie Brinkley, Shania Twain, Jennifer Garner, and Liz Hurley have in common? All of these people are bound together by a commonality that has […]
Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide
By Sarah P. You have heard it many times: when a husband has an affair, he is 100% responsible for the affair. While this is absolutely true, it lets the other woman off the hook. I want to look at it another way: the wayward husband is 100% responsible for his role in the affair, […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Save Yourself: You Can Recover From Infidelity Even If Your Partner Is Not an Active Participant September 20, 2016
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #25 September 13, 2016
- At the Heart of Attachment: How to Use Empathy to Communicate Effectively For On-Going Recovery September 6, 2016
- Our 1000th Post! August 30, 2016
- You Have Come A Long Way, Baby! – Female Gender Roles as an Attempt to Curtail Male Infidelity August 23, 2016
- Spouse Poachers: When it’s open season on your husband, you need to have a plan August 16, 2016
- 10 Things that Can Help Build Your Self-Esteem Post D-day August 9, 2016
- When Your Husband Marries the Other Woman – What Happens? August 2, 2016
- TheFirstWife: I heard from other in laws that was the reason. He...
- Shifting Impressions: Sarah Your story is heart breaking....thank you f...
- Hopeful: Sarah, yes so true that there is not a significant...
- TryingHard: Rachel This grown man Mr Bigshot Cheaterpants l...
- Rachel: My MIL didn't like me at all because her son marr...
- Sarah P.: Hopeful, Here is a question-- you said your thera...
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, Thanks for your comments :-) As...
- Hopeful: I think it is hard to know without knowing exactly...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair