By Sarah P. It’s almost always a struggle for couples to communicate about topics that matter to one but not the other, especially if this topic references past hurts. Unfortunately, just talking about such heated topics can cause a fight. When marriage becomes one fight after another, most couples withdraw from hot topics. After all, […]
A betrayed spouse writes to his wife as to why it’s so important for him to know the details of the affair. We’ve addressed the importance of full disclosure by the cheater a few times. In fact, Sarah P. wrote a nice article as recently as April. But the other day we came across a wonderful letter […]
We wanted to thank everyone who took the time to respond to our most recent survey. There are always some interesting takeaways (interpretations) when we do these things and this one didn’t disappoint. We’re not going to address every question, but will touch on the ones we thought you’d be most interested in. Even so, […]
In our recent book, Healing from an Affair – A cheater’s guide to helping your spouse heal from your affair, we establish 27 tasks that a cheater must be willing to do in order to heal. One of the top tasks was to talk about the affair, your feelings and your relationship issues. Unfortunately, most […]
Hey everybody. We are taking this week off for a family vacation. We will be white water rafting, kayaking, camping and whatever other outdoor pursuits strike our fancy. While we are away, we will post a combination of guest posts and some older posts that we hope you will find helpful. Today we have a […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- To Catch A Cheating Spouse: Why Hiring A Professional Is Sometimes Necessary August 22, 2017
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- Shifting Impressions: Satori We are still here for you....
- Satori: Hi TryingHard, Haven't run off. Just taking a ...
- TryingHard: I don't ever recall reading that someone doesn't...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I was fortunate to have found this site n...
- Puzzled: SI- I wish that I would have found this site right...
- Shifting Impressions: BSA I have been thinking more about our discussio...
- Colin: Excellent. The best. Thank you....
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, We all love you and accept you j...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair