Just over three years ago – and after a couple of years of trying to recover on my own – I finally decided to go see a therapist. This post revisits that experience. Not seeing a therapist individually soon after discovering the affair was one of my biggest mistakes. So I highly recommend that you […]
In this post from December of 2010, Linda discusses how things in our relationship turned around after a period when our marriage was not very good. During this period we both played the blame game, believing the other person was responsible for our discontent. We never really openly discussed our unhappiness, as we masked it […]
The other day one of our readers emailed us the article 10 Reasons Not to Take Back a Cheating Husband by Kiri Blakeley. I realize that the thought of potentially kicking the cheating spouse to the curb is in the minds of many of our readers, so I thought I’d post a comment I made […]
The holiday season is always such a crazy time for us, so this week we’re going to run some older posts that many of you may have never had the opportunity to read. In fact, we’re thinking about making this a regular Monday feature. This post from last year called, “Christmas Survival Tips After Infidelity” […]
Here is an email exchange between myself and a reader who is trying to heal the relationship by himself. We thought it might provide you with some beneficial information. Please feel free to add your own thoughts or advice in the comment section below the post. A Reader Writes: Wondered if you can help me? […]
Buying a new car is like a new beginning for us. Last week while at work I received a call from Doug informing me that he had been involved in somewhat of an accident. As he was turning into our subdivision, the front driver’s side wheel came completely off of our vehicle. Obviously the car […]
It’s the day before Christmas and in the U.S. it’s probably one of the biggest days of the year as holidays go. People are doing their last minute shopping (Doug included) before all the stores close down until Wednesday. All other commercial activity will soon stop except for a few restaurants and bars. People are […]
When we began this journey three years ago I was not prepared for the pain and work that would be involved to save our marriage. I foolishly believed that once Doug ended his emotional affair everything would be fine. We would continue on with our marriage and our life together and live happily ever after. […]
If you’ve been trying to heal after the affair for any length of time, you have probably said to yourself something along the lines of: “Boy, if I would have known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have made so many mistakes in the past.” I look back at all the things I did […]
We hope that everyone has had a nice holiday season. I realize that the holidays can be a difficult time for emotional affair recovery. The affair triggers and the thoughts can be overwhelming. The holiday season is a difficult time for me because Doug and I were deeply immersed in the affair process at this […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Doug: Hey guys, we need some help... For our next Co...
- TryingHard: Butterball I remember your story from months ago....
- TryingHard: Butterball It is our business. I wasn't working...
- Lisa: My baby daddy been cheating on me and the girl is ...
- Butterball: I know this is an old post but it came up at the b...
- Butterball: This is such an amazing story! Wow. It sounds like...
- Butterball: This is a very interesting issue. You may remember...
- Satori: TryingHard, Your story is EVERYTHING. I am o...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair