Self-exploration is very painful, but unless you do that, you will never know who you are and who you want to be.— Iris Apfel Many readers have mentioned that their cheating spouses are not doing what is necessary to help them heal from their emotional or physical affair. The cheater is not working on themselves […]
Some of the best information that lives on this site comes from the various readers who comment on the blog or share information in the Higher Healing forum. This past week while we were away on vacation, one of our long-time readers (“E”) wrote an inspiring post sharing her story and her thoughts on affair […]
Doug asked me to write an article on how I “won” him back after his emotional affair. First of all I want the readers to know that the phrase “win back” does not sit well with me. One reason being Doug is not my possession, he is not a thing and to say I won […]
I received an email from someone today that brought me back to a time where I was feeling lost, frustrated and didn’t know where to turn. I wanted to help this women and give her to some insight so she would have the strength to survive the affair and save her marriage. During the time […]
It has come time that we must leave you. Just for a week or so that is. Our daughters have a national dance competition down in Orlando, so we’re going to head down there for a few days then on to parts further south for some serious beach time. While we are gone, we’re going […]
This week Linda is on Spring break. Since our kids are not and I work from home, then it is officially my Spring break as well. Therefore, we are going to be taking some time to spend together (which no doubt will consist of some working around the house) and relax a bit. Today we […]
I am finally convinced that there is little that can be done to stop an emotional affair. This article details how hard it was for Doug to end his affair and how frustrating to me that was. I recently came to this conclusion after a comment that Doug made a couple of weeks ago about […]
When I found out that Doug had fallen out of love with me and found someone else who was “perfect” for him, I set out to clean house on myself. I definitely took the blame, and thought I needed to make a lot of changes to save my marriage. Obviously, I wasn’t thinking clearly and […]
We have been receiving so many comments and emails recently from affair victims who are voicing frustration about their cheating spouse’s affairs, as well as the actual state of their marriages. When I read the comments I feel frustrated, angry and hopeless, as I remember feeling the exact same way two years ago – not […]
Good Saturday! This week we have a nice little video about how men and women have different needs and how they can be met. Not meeting each other’s needs is a major reason for affairs and the breaking up of marriages in general. Check out this video and you might learn a few things about […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Pat: I found out that my ex and the woman he left me fo...
- TryingHard: Hi Tina I'm assuming you're addressing me with ...
- TryingHard: Oh DI thank you. I hope in some little way my stor...
- Shifting Impressions: Trying Hard Thanks for sharing that raw uncensore...
- Tina: I have read some of your posts and appreciate your...
- TryingHard: That is the story I could never tell. I'm not sur...
- TryingHard: Thanks ladies. I'm lucky I wasn't arrested after...
- theresa: There are good triggers and bad triggers. The exp...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair