It’s always interesting to go back and read posts from the past – especially from the early days – as it truly proves just how far we’ve come over that period of time. This post is from November 5, 2010 and it’s titled, “Making Progress After the Emotional Affair.” Linda shares some things that helped […]
Hi! We’re Linda and Doug and the purpose of this site is to share our story in the hopes that it will help those who are suffering, or have suffered from an emotional affair – or any type of affair for that matter. What may be unique about this blog, is that we will share […]
The recent events with my brother, along with digging deeper into Dave Carder’s book, “Torn Asunder,” has again made me think a lot about trying to understand Doug’s emotional affair. I know in many ways I will probably understand it more than Doug does. I think that it was a blur of emotions and mistakes […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, I got quite a chuckle from this ...
- Bb52: Mike, I want to thank you for appologizing to all ...
- Shifting Impressions: Mike, again...everything the TFW said. Yes, fi...
- JessieR: Six months after D day (3 month emotional/web base...
- JoanJ: I had no clue when I met my Husband 28 years ago, ...
- TryingHard: Hi Here To Heal First welcome to the group to w...
- TheFirstWife: Mike. For so many peoole A are deal breakers. No ...
- Here To Heal: Hi Trying Hard WOW! I'm in awe that you survive...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair