This is the latest installment of our ‘You Decide’ series where you will provide your opinion on a fictional affair scenario. In this particular scenario, we tell the story of Ron and Maria and their all-to-common tale of being in affair limbo. Ron and Maria have been married for 25 years. Their marriage has always […]
There’s a devastating situation that we run into quite frequently when talking with other couples. In fact, some consider it even more devastating than the initial affair discovery. OK, here’s the scenario (based on a true case story, btw)…You’ve discovered the affair and your spouse almost immediately breaks down and begs for forgiveness and promises […]
There is a question that comes up often from betrayed spouses after discovering an affair and that is, “Should I go to therapy with my partner if he (she) hasn’t ended his (her) affair yet?” In our opinion, the short answer is no. But we suggest to try There are many different aspects of what […]
One of the toughest obstacles that couples face after infidelity is when the cheating spouse refuses (for whatever reason) to end the affair. Naturally this has to happen for there to be any chance at saving the marriage and recovering from the affair. Statistics from Google on search terms verify that several thousand searches are […]
The other day I received an email from one of our mentoring clients who asked some questions about some of her feelings and thoughts related to why her husband chose to end the affair and stay in the marriage. I believe many of you are either experiencing these sort of thoughts now, or at least […]
The other night Linda was discussing a mentoring client that is having a really rough time. It seems his wife just can’t – or won’t – end the affair. She is being downright hateful, spiteful and mean to him. Yet he hangs on. His wife blatantly carries on with her affair with no remorse or […]
I’ve had a couple of mentoring clients lately who are going through a period where their cheating spouse won’t make up their mind to end the affair and come back to the marriage. This feeling of being in “limbo” is probably one of the most frustrating and agonizing period after an affair that there is. […]
There are a ton of articles circulating around the net about how to stop an affair. I obviously can’t say that my research has led me to read all of them, but I feel that I found a very powerful tactic that might be something to consider for those of you who are facing this issue. […]
It’s pretty evident that one of the biggest struggles that our readers are experiencing is rebuilding trust after an affair. If I were to summarize what a betrayed spouse needs for trust to be restored, I would have to say that there are basically three things in general: They have to find a way to […]
I am finally convinced that there is little that can be done to stop an emotional affair. This article details how hard it was for Doug to end his affair and how frustrating to me that was. I recently came to this conclusion after a comment that Doug made a couple of weeks ago about […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Hopefull: I think this approach was odd also. In a short per...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I am not sure about the whole "leading w...
- Shifting Impressions: I found Dale's approach rather strange....to tell...
- TryingHard: Puzzled--No I did not hire a PI. I was getting re...
- Puzzled: If she's having an affair, then she's already to...
- Tired: If he "waits and sees" she will be too far into ...
- TryingHard: Dale hires a private investigator!!!...
- Puzzled: Well, I'll be the first to step to the mic. I...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair