We received an email the other day from a reader who writes the following: I have been in contact with you during the last few months. Your site continues to be a great resource for me as I have come to terms with what happened in my marriage. We are the couple […]
Self-exploration is very painful, but unless you do that, you will never know who you are and who you want to be.— Iris Apfel Many readers have mentioned that their cheating spouses are not doing what is necessary to help them heal from their emotional or physical affair. The cheater is not working on themselves […]
Aubrielle’s marriage ended because her husband had an affair and yet some time later she got entangled in an emotional affair with a married man. She is kind enough to share the lessons that she learned as a result of being the other woman. Please read on and then share your thoughts in the comment […]
A man recently wrote to us asking for help. He and his wife were separated because of serious relationship problems and he wanted to repair his marriage. He shared with us that he’d tried “begging and pleading” with her to come back to him, but that only pushed her further away. According to this man, […]
We love to hear success stories from readers. We recently received an email from a person who was rejoicing about how she and her husband have been able to put his emotional affair behind them after just a couple of months. At first I thought, “Wow! That’s fantastic. Amazing! I’m so happy for them!” But […]
Occasionally I like to look at the stats of our blog to get a snapshot of what’s going on from a readership standpoint and to determine if there are any technical issues that need to be addressed or if there are any updates that need to be done, etc. One of the things I like […]
Elaine has grown accustomed to operating on little or no sleep. She knows it’s bad for her health and makes her much less effective at work (and in everything else she does), but she is at a loss for what to do about it. The reason why Elaine can’t get a good night’s sleep is […]
My summer break is in full swing and outside of helping to care for my ailing mother, I’m following my typical routine of scanning the library website for books that catch my eye. I found the book “The Last Best Cure” by Donna Jackson Nakazawa and thought that I’d give it a try. It sparked […]
Other people can sense it when they’re with you and your partner. You can see it, hear it and feel it when you are together. There is a subtle (or not so subtle) layer of something between you that wasn’t always there. It’s a distance, a tension, a strained or forced energy…and it’s why you’re […]
From the moment of your first discovery that your partner is cheating (or cheated in the past), your response makes a huge difference. What you choose to do strongly influences whether or not the two of you will be able to pick up the broken pieces and repair your relationship. This doesn’t mean you can’t […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Doug: Hey guys, we need some help... For our next Co...
- TryingHard: Butterball I remember your story from months ago....
- TryingHard: Butterball It is our business. I wasn't working...
- Lisa: My baby daddy been cheating on me and the girl is ...
- Butterball: I know this is an old post but it came up at the b...
- Butterball: This is such an amazing story! Wow. It sounds like...
- Butterball: This is a very interesting issue. You may remember...
- Satori: TryingHard, Your story is EVERYTHING. I am o...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair