The following is an excerpt from our book “Journey to Trust”, which was taken in part from one of our Affair Recovery Group sessions on rebuilding trust after an affair with Marriage and Family Therapist Jeff Murrah. So You Feel That You Will Never Be Able to Trust Again… I’ve communicated with a ton of […]
I was talking to my father the other day and he mentioned to me that it was the ten year anniversary of my grandpa passing away. I hadn’t remembered that at all, but after hearing that I started to travel down memory lane just a bit to think about my grandparents. One thing that always […]
by Sarah P. There are many cases where marriages can survive affairs; and indeed even thrive after the affair ends and healing has begun. However, there is an instance where it is probable that a marriage cannot be saved. This occurs when the person engaging in the sexual affair also has a cluster B disorder, […]
Therapist Mark E. Smith, LCSW has a somewhat unique take on what is required for rebuilding your marriage after an affair. At least it’s a unique perspective for me since I was completely unfamiliar with it until just recently. Smith’s theory all stems from this whole notion of abandonment. I have to admit, that up […]
As many of you may know, we are about to depart on an adventure of sorts. We will be heading out west for about 2 weeks, visiting the Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and pretty much wherever we want to go from there. We will be roughing it for the most part and really don’t have […]
Note: This post is an excerpt from our book “Healing from an Affair: A cheater’s guide for helping your spouse heal from your affair” and is directed towards those who have been unfaithful. Though the unfaithful can obviously be either male or female, this is written from a male cheater’s perspective. Refusing to talk about […]
She didn’t mean for it to happen. It just did. When Ellen first became friends with a guy in her spinning class at the gym, she had no idea this would turn into an emotional affair. They began scheduling work outs at the same time and would talk and laugh as they exercised. Afterwards,they often […]
From my personal experience and observations I’ve noticed that there is an interesting transformation that can occur in most victims of infidelity. It’s the transformation from being traumatized to being bitter. The victim of an affair has indeed suffered a life altering trauma. We are filled with pain from the betrayal and struggle daily with […]
If your partner had an emotional affair, your first decision is whether or not you’ll stay in the relationship. Regardless of how committed you feel to making this work or to avoiding divorce or a breakup, consider the question… “Is it wise for me to give my partner a second chance?” When you give yourself […]
This post was written by Sara K. With all our talk and thoughts about indiscretions and infidelities it can often be hard to realize when a new line has been crossed. During the healing period both members of the couple are sensitive and even the smallest infraction can lead to emotional distress. About 2 years […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- Coping with the Pain of Infidelity February 21, 2017
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce? January 31, 2017
- TheFirstWife: To my Been Cheated on Friends on This Planet. ...
- TheFirstWife: Here's to the name change!!! May you lose the ...
- Hopefull: I so agree with this. I hate FB or even talk of me...
- Cecilia: May I ask how things are now . I am just new in al...
- Cecilia: I am very grateful that you all share your stories...
- Puzzled: I needed to add about who the other guy was: my gu...
- Puzzled: Tired: I am certain that I'm guilty of overthin...
- TryingHard: Puzzeled--No they really don't get the pain. Not...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair