By Sarah P. This is Sarah’s second installment of her series on the leverage a betrayed spouse has after infidelity. This post will address the leverage men have when their wives have been unfaithful. (To read the first part of the two part series, you can click here.) Most of the articles on this […]
by Sarah P. Note: This is the first installment of a two-part series where Sarah P. will address the leverage one has when their spouse won’t leave their affair partner. This week she addresses when the husband won’t end the affair and next week she’ll dig into when the wife won’t leave her affair partner. It’s one […]
It’s a couple days after Christmas as we write this and we both feel pretty exhausted. Christmas is always such a whirlwind around our home but this year seemed even more so. Perhaps it’s because we had back-to-back nights where we cooked and entertained for about 20 people – or maybe just that we’re getting […]
How about a pre-Christmas discussion? Let’s delve into your affair recovery wishlist during the holiday season. The holidays are here and Christmas is just a few days away and we’re sure that many of you trying to get some last minute shopping done and are hoping for some holiday cheer. Yet at the same time […]
Almost four years ago, one of our readers, “blueskyabove” made a comment on a post that we thought was pretty great. We wanted to convert it to a post back then, but forgot about it for some reason. Luckily, we ran across it again the other day and decided to share it now. Better late than never! […]
So what happens to couples that have experienced infidelity? Well, relationship expert and therapist Esther Perel kept in contact with many of her past clients to learn more about the long-term impact of infidelity. We thought that what she discovered was quite interesting and we hope that you do too. In short, she discovered three basic […]
There’s hardly a day that goes by that we don’t receive an email from a betrayed spouse who isn’t frustrated, angry, beaten down, out of control and about to give up. They’re grasping for a way – any way – to help make things better. The reasons are many, but usually their crisis has something to […]
After an affair strikes a relationship it is easy for each partner to lose their self-respect. In this post, we’d like to use self-respect in the context of a person being able to hold himself/herself in esteem and believing that they are good and worthy of being treated well; having proper respect for oneself and […]
I realize that it’s very cliché to compare the struggles that go along with affair recovery to climbing a mountain, but after our experience on our vacation we discovered that the comparison to be even more appropriate. While in the White Mountains in New Hampshire we set off on a day-hike called the Franconia Ridge Loop […]
After an affair is discovered, in most cases a metamorphosis begins for the unfaithful spouse. Up until that time he/she may have been carrying on as if nothing was going on. They were stealthy in their ways and they thought they would never get caught. Then it happens. The affair is discovered. It could have […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Shifting Impressions: Satori We are still here for you....
- Satori: Hi TryingHard, Haven't run off. Just taking a ...
- TryingHard: I don't ever recall reading that someone doesn't...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I was fortunate to have found this site n...
- Puzzled: SI- I wish that I would have found this site right...
- Shifting Impressions: BSA I have been thinking more about our discussio...
- Colin: Excellent. The best. Thank you....
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, We all love you and accept you j...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair