One of the authors that I have followed is Willard E. Harley Jr. Ph.D., author of several different books including “His Needs Her Needs” (which you can find in “The Library” on our blog). He has a fairly straight forward 2-step approach to surviving an affair. Step 1: Never have contact with the affair partner […]
This video of a cheating spouse getting her beloved convertible filled with horse manure was forwarded to us the other day, and I must say that we had a nice chuckle watching it. However, one thing that we discussed after viewing it was the issue of taking revenge after discovering your spouse had an affair. […]
When you first learn about an affair, it is completely devastating. I’m sure that many emotions ran through your head like anger, grief, frustration, a total loss of self-esteem and that you’re world has been totally ripped apart. From our own experience we can tell you that getting over an affair takes time, dedication from […]
As many of you regular readers may have noticed, there is a slightly different look to the blog since Thursday. This site is a bit of a work in progress, so there should be many more changes as time goes on. We’d like to thank everybody who has visited our site and especially those of […]
A couple of years ago when Doug and I really started to experience problems in our marriage, not only did we become distant but we also began treating each other with disrespect. I know that I was not too supportive or encouraging and neither was Doug. Additionally, there were times when I would want to […]
Linda and I were online last night looking at some forums that we like to participate in, and saw several videos having marital affair themes. Now there is nobody who knows more than us how serious a subject this is, but this particular video absolutely made both of us laugh out loud. Sometimes, we all […]
Today I’m going to do something a little different and present a little audio clip that I put together this morning. It basically deals with the importance of thinking before you act on any type of affair, whether sexual or emotional in nature. Don’t worry, it’s not extremely long or anything and will only take […]
Today we are honored to have Dr. Robert Huizenga, The Infidelity Coach as a guest blogger. Dr. Huizenga has been a Marriage and Family Therapist and Psychotherapist, and has worked with hundreds of couples and thousands of individuals experiencing individual and marital problems (such as affairs). He is the author of “Break Free From the […]
I am having much difficulty each time I read one of Doug’s posts. For some reason, after reading his last post, I became very emotional and upset and he is having a hard time dealing with this. He doesn’t understand why I become so upset about something that happened a year ago and has been […]
I wanted to share another brief video by Dr.Sheri Meyers, as I feel this one is also very good and is one that I can really relate to. She mentions that people who get involved in any type of affair usually have something that is missing in their relationship with their partner which they subsequently […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- Coping with the Pain of Infidelity February 21, 2017
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce? January 31, 2017
- Tracy: He calls me suggests things like being positive st...
- Tracy: FB memories kill me I have decided to delete it. I...
- Puzzled: Falling Ash: seems like there are several of us de...
- Shifting Impressions: Falling Ash Hang on to that thought, that tomorro...
- Tired: I agree it is hard to accept it was not you. I thi...
- Tired: I agree with that. It's that gut feeling...
- theresa: Take a look at this post from Affair Healing, I...
- Falling Ash: It is my DDay anniversary this week too. 3 years a...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair