This week’s video is a very good one and well worth watching. It is rather long, about 30 minutes give or take, but hits on many of the issues that we have been discussing lately. The video is an interview from a show called Marriage Uncensored and is with Dave Carder, one of our favorite […]
We recently wrote a post summarizing part of M.Gary Neuman’s book “Emotional Infidelity: How to Affair-Proof Your Marriage and 10 Other Secrets to a Great Relationship” and his rules for avoiding emotional affairs. In the book Neuman described something I found very interesting and felt was very helpful for me to understand the dynamics of […]
As luck would have it, We received an email a couple of days ago from Dr. Robert Huizenga that deals with the issue of trust. We’ve mentioned before that Linda purchased Dr. Huizenga’s book “Break Free From the Affair” early after my emotional affair with Tanya came to light. Ever since, she has been on […]
Well once again it’s video Saturday. Our open discussion this week was about reactions to finding out about affairs. Today we have a couple of videos from the TV show “Cheaters.” Most of you are probably familiar with this show, and while I admit the pretense of the show is a bit cheesy, and the […]
As we have mentioned previously on this blog, Dr. Frank Gunzburg and his book “How to Survive an Affair” has proved to be a very valuable resource. What we have enjoyed most about this book, is that it’s actually more than a book—it’s a system. Systems are easier to follow and adhere to than most […]
One of the authors that I have followed is Willard E. Harley Jr. Ph.D., author of several different books including “His Needs Her Needs” (which you can find in “The Library” on our blog). He has a fairly straight forward 2-step approach to surviving an affair. Step 1: Never have contact with the affair partner […]
This video of a cheating spouse getting her beloved convertible filled with horse manure was forwarded to us the other day, and I must say that we had a nice chuckle watching it. However, one thing that we discussed after viewing it was the issue of taking revenge after discovering your spouse had an affair. […]
When you first learn about an affair, it is completely devastating. I’m sure that many emotions ran through your head like anger, grief, frustration, a total loss of self-esteem and that you’re world has been totally ripped apart. From our own experience we can tell you that getting over an affair takes time, dedication from […]
As many of you regular readers may have noticed, there is a slightly different look to the blog since Thursday. This site is a bit of a work in progress, so there should be many more changes as time goes on. We’d like to thank everybody who has visited our site and especially those of […]
A couple of years ago when Doug and I really started to experience problems in our marriage, not only did we become distant but we also began treating each other with disrespect. I know that I was not too supportive or encouraging and neither was Doug. Additionally, there were times when I would want to […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- theresa: NEW tool. Are there any guidelines for the use of...
- Satori: Ah TryingHard, Looking forward to Part 2 of your c...
- TryingHard: Satori--I like your take on the drama thing. I'v...
- Satori: TheFirstWife: wow, from what you write our situati...
- Tina: Hi the first wife, First, I'm sorry for what y...
- TheFirstWife: Regarding MLC my therapist described the recognize...
- TryingHard: ULK figuring out that stuff is way above my pay gr...
- Butterball: No,MLC is not a recognized medical syndrome but th...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair