Well once again it’s video Saturday. Our open discussion this week was about reactions to finding out about affairs. Today we have a couple of videos from the TV show “Cheaters.” Most of you are probably familiar with this show, and while I admit the pretense of the show is a bit cheesy, and the […]
As we have mentioned previously on this blog, Dr. Frank Gunzburg and his book “How to Survive an Affair” has proved to be a very valuable resource. What we have enjoyed most about this book, is that it’s actually more than a book—it’s a system. Systems are easier to follow and adhere to than most […]
One of the authors that I have followed is Willard E. Harley Jr. Ph.D., author of several different books including “His Needs Her Needs” (which you can find in “The Library” on our blog). He has a fairly straight forward 2-step approach to surviving an affair. Step 1: Never have contact with the affair partner […]
This video of a cheating spouse getting her beloved convertible filled with horse manure was forwarded to us the other day, and I must say that we had a nice chuckle watching it. However, one thing that we discussed after viewing it was the issue of taking revenge after discovering your spouse had an affair. […]
When you first learn about an affair, it is completely devastating. I’m sure that many emotions ran through your head like anger, grief, frustration, a total loss of self-esteem and that you’re world has been totally ripped apart. From our own experience we can tell you that getting over an affair takes time, dedication from […]
As many of you regular readers may have noticed, there is a slightly different look to the blog since Thursday. This site is a bit of a work in progress, so there should be many more changes as time goes on. We’d like to thank everybody who has visited our site and especially those of […]
A couple of years ago when Doug and I really started to experience problems in our marriage, not only did we become distant but we also began treating each other with disrespect. I know that I was not too supportive or encouraging and neither was Doug. Additionally, there were times when I would want to […]
Linda and I were online last night looking at some forums that we like to participate in, and saw several videos having marital affair themes. Now there is nobody who knows more than us how serious a subject this is, but this particular video absolutely made both of us laugh out loud. Sometimes, we all […]
Today we are honored to have Dr. Robert Huizenga, The Infidelity Coach as a guest blogger. Dr. Huizenga has been a Marriage and Family Therapist and Psychotherapist, and has worked with hundreds of couples and thousands of individuals experiencing individual and marital problems (such as affairs). He is the author of “Break Free From the […]
I am having much difficulty each time I read one of Doug’s posts. For some reason, after reading his last post, I became very emotional and upset and he is having a hard time dealing with this. He doesn’t understand why I become so upset about something that happened a year ago and has been […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #27 May 2, 2017
- Looks Like the Honeymoon Phase is Coming to an End April 25, 2017
- The Big Five: Gottman’s Communication Techniques to Talk about Infidelity April 18, 2017
- You Decide: Ron and Maria – Living in Affair Limbo April 11, 2017
- Is It Possible that Adult ADHD Contributed to an Affair? April 4, 2017
- Shifting Impressions: Sarah I can honestly say, that throughout the las...
- Bowlus: How are you now. Its been years since this post. I...
- Rachel: Thank you all for the great comments. It Is a goo...
- Sarah P.: I forgot to tell the best part of the story. Somet...
- TryingHard: Sarah-- that is a hilarious story of Karma at its...
- Sarah P.: Hi TFW and Trying, The comment was meant for bo...
- Sarah P.: Hi Trying, I think in the past it must have bee...
- Sarah P.: Rachel, Congratulations!! I love how God steppe...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair