One of the topics that we mention now and then is the topic of codependency. Why is codependency an important topic? Well, in short, codependency creates unhealthy marriages. But, codependency has what I refer to as a ‘positive side’ and a ‘negative side.’ But, here is the kicker— even the positive side of codependency is destructive. […]
Infidelity can annihilate our sense of self. By Sarah P. From the time we are children, we are told that when we grow up we must find a prince or princess charming and get married. Much of the mass media trades on this idea. It is so ingrained in our society that people rarely question it. […]
Why you should ask if adult ADHD may be the elephant in the room. By Melissa Orlov When your partner has an affair, one of your first instincts is to try to figure out what happened. What led you both to this place? One possible factor that neither partners, nor therapists, commonly consider is that […]
Happy New Year! Every year we spend a great deal of time during the week between Christmas and New Year’s working on our resolutions for the upcoming new year. This year, we did things a little differently. This year we set work and personal goals as usual, but only one real resolution – To work […]
By Sarah P. In my last blog we discussed how to stay empowered through the holidays and beyond. The key point of that article was the idea that our thoughts can influence our lives. Because thoughts can influence our lives, these thoughts can cause us to act in ways that create outcomes. In empowered thinking, we […]
Note: Infidelity is a traumatizing event that often makes the betrayed feel powerless and unable to cope or take action. Often though, a victim mentality becomes the coping mechanism used to survive fear, pain, and to recover basic psychological needs such as safety, love, affection, and self-esteem. This week Sarah P. has crafted a very […]
By Sarah P. Empathy is the most mysterious transaction that the human soul can have, and it’s accessible to all of us, but we have to give ourselves the opportunity to identify, to plunge ourselves in a story where we see the world from the bottom up or through another’s eyes or heart.” – Sue Monk […]
By Sarah P. There’s nothing like betrayal to throw your self-esteem for a loop. When your spouse betrays you, you are devastated. But, your devastation might pale in comparison to the hit that your self-esteem takes when this happens. Infidelity is the worst of the worst when it comes to damaging your self-esteem. Even though […]
Rules of Fair Fighting and How To Make Yourself Heard By Sarah P. The incredible hulk—what does he have to do with anything? When I refer to the Incredible Hulk, I am referring to the extremely angry feelings that flood us when our unfaithful spouse has no insight into our feelings and refuses to acknowledge […]
A little motivation to get the year started! And though this post has really nothing to do with infidelity or marital crisis, it certainly can be applied to those situations – and really all aspects of your life. For most of the civilized world, it seems that January is a month where people review the […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Tina: Hi the first wife, First, I'm sorry for what y...
- TheFirstWife: Regarding MLC my therapist described the recognize...
- TryingHard: ULK figuring out that stuff is way above my pay gr...
- Butterball: No,MLC is not a recognized medical syndrome but th...
- TryingHard: I hear you Puzzled. Yes I am very familiar with t...
- Puzzled: Trying Hard: I take no comfort in what my wife did...
- TryingHard: I'm not arguing that MLC is legitimate or not. I ...
- Puzzled: Trying Hard: I'd consider my wife's affair and h...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair