By Sarah P. Empathy is the most mysterious transaction that the human soul can have, and it’s accessible to all of us, but we have to give ourselves the opportunity to identify, to plunge ourselves in a story where we see the world from the bottom up or through another’s eyes or heart.” – Sue Monk […]
By Sarah P. There’s nothing like betrayal to throw your self-esteem for a loop. When your spouse betrays you, you are devastated. But, your devastation might pale in comparison to the hit that your self-esteem takes when this happens. Infidelity is the worst of the worst when it comes to damaging your self-esteem. Even though […]
Rules of Fair Fighting and How To Make Yourself Heard By Sarah P. The incredible hulk—what does he have to do with anything? When I refer to the Incredible Hulk, I am referring to the extremely angry feelings that flood us when our unfaithful spouse has no insight into our feelings and refuses to acknowledge […]
A little motivation to get the year started! And though this post has really nothing to do with infidelity or marital crisis, it certainly can be applied to those situations – and really all aspects of your life. For most of the civilized world, it seems that January is a month where people review the […]
Self-exploration is very painful, but unless you do that, you will never know who you are and who you want to be.— Iris Apfel Many readers have mentioned that their cheating spouses are not doing what is necessary to help them heal from their emotional or physical affair. The cheater is not working on themselves […]
A few years ago a neighbor of ours husband had an affair. Long story short, they divorced and now he lives with his affair partner. In fact, we’re not positive but we think they are now married. Well, the other day we were at a party and our neighbor was there as well. We got to […]
By Mel Faith Shame and suffering are linked, as are forgiveness and health. On a purely emotional level, this has been accepted for generations – but psychological science is beginning to prove that the ability to forgive (both others and oneself) can have a profound impact upon one’s health and wellbeing. Shame and guilt are […]
The other day we received an email from a woman who has been betrayed by her husband of 27 years. His affair was both an EA and PA and not surprisingly it has torn her world apart. Though they’ve been able to “work things out,” the aftereffects of the affair still linger – some minor […]
On Tuesday we posted an article about how gratitude can help you on your journey to acceptance after an affair. The author’s mention of the practice of gratitude intrigued us and motivated us to do a little bit more research on the subject. Today we wanted to delve a little bit more into this whole […]
Our kitchen remodeling project is in a little bit of a holding pattern as we await the delivery of our countertops. So, since our house is a complete mess as a result of the construction, this past Sunday Doug and I worked to clean it up a bit. One of the things I asked him […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How It All Started December 18, 2009
- Silent Infidelity: How Porn Addiction Affects Your Marriage October 25, 2016
- Our Hike in the Forest – A Metaphor for Our Affair Recovery Journey October 18, 2016
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- Our Affair Recovery – Two Subtle Shifts That Made a Difference October 4, 2016
- The Perfect Spouse: How Unethical Amnesia Might Affect Getting the Truth September 27, 2016
- Save Yourself: You Can Recover From Infidelity Even If Your Partner Is Not an Active Participant September 20, 2016
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #25 September 13, 2016
- At the Heart of Attachment: How to Use Empathy to Communicate Effectively For On-Going Recovery September 6, 2016
- Sarah P.: Hi Hopeful, Here is something by Kevin Skinner,...
- Rachel: Sara, you are such a wonderful person and shouldn...
- TheFirstWife: Hi Meg. How long has it been since the affair ende...
- Hopeful: Trying Hard, Good read. I really like that last...
- Meg: I believe this article describes me perfecrly, whi...
- Hopeful: Sarah, I think it is seen as "normal" among t...
- Sarah P.: Hi Hopeful, I am so glad that he is being more op...
- TryingHard: Hopeful-- I couldn't agree with you more. The NY...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair