By Mel Faith Shame and suffering are linked, as are forgiveness and health. On a purely emotional level, this has been accepted for generations – but psychological science is beginning to prove that the ability to forgive (both others and oneself) can have a profound impact upon one’s health and wellbeing. Shame and guilt are […]
The other day we received an email from a woman who has been betrayed by her husband of 27 years. His affair was both an EA and PA and not surprisingly it has torn her world apart. Though they’ve been able to “work things out,” the aftereffects of the affair still linger – some minor […]
On Tuesday we posted an article about how gratitude can help you on your journey to acceptance after an affair. The author’s mention of the practice of gratitude intrigued us and motivated us to do a little bit more research on the subject. Today we wanted to delve a little bit more into this whole […]
Our kitchen remodeling project is in a little bit of a holding pattern as we await the delivery of our countertops. So, since our house is a complete mess as a result of the construction, this past Sunday Doug and I worked to clean it up a bit. One of the things I asked him […]
Quite often I correspond with betrayed spouses who claim that their spouse is not helping in the healing process because of the guilt that they feel as a result of their affair. This simple 4-step process may help with this issue. While searching for appropriate content for the Higher Healing area the other day, I […]
Well friends, we have reached the final stretch of another year. After publishing 140 articles over the past twelve months, we’d like to share the 10 most popular posts of the year. For us, it has been interesting to review our work – along with the work of some generous guest posters – and see […]
When people think of domestic abuse, they often picture battered women who have been physically assaulted. But not all abusive relationships involve violence. Just because you’re not battered and bruised doesn’t mean you’re not being abused. Many men and women suffer from emotional abuse, which is no less destructive. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often minimized […]
We’ve had this blog now for almost five years, and over that period of time we’ve had the honor of communicating with thousands of people who have been affected in some way by infidelity. It just so happens that about 85% of the time it has been with those whose spouse has been unfaithful. In […]
“Healing means recognizing that The Trauma You is just one aspect of who you are. Sure, right now it may be the dominant aspect, but it’s still only one part of the whole you. Recovery gains strength by learning to (re)recognize the rest of who you are with more and more clarity.” Betrayed spouses and […]
We’ve used the word victim a lot on this site; typically with respect to the person who has been betrayed by their partner’s infidelity. We use the term because the betrayed is indeed a victim. If you question that for any reason, then here is the official dictionary definition of victim: a person who suffers […]
Search Our Site
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- How it all started December 18, 2009
- Lessons Learned from the Other Woman in an Emotional Affair December 5, 2014
- The Worst Third Grader Ever May 26, 2015
- Beware the Dopamine Seeker Who Needs a Daily Dose of Infidelity May 22, 2015
- Some Reader Perspectives on Snooping after an Affair May 19, 2015
- Stop Secretly Believing the Grass Was Greener… May 15, 2015
- Elements of A Heartfelt Apology after the Affair May 12, 2015
- Cheating Men: If you are one of them, don’t be fooled by what evolutionary psychology says about your wiring May 8, 2015
- Forgiveness And Recovery – Intrinsically Linked May 5, 2015
- Cheating Spouses: How to Become Trustworthy After the Affair May 1, 2015
- Strengthrequired: I know exactly how you feel trusting God, I'm a s...
- tryingtorcovery: Carol- What you shared makes perfect sense as far...
- TrustingGod: Strengthrequired, Sometimes I just don't know ...
- Cher: My husband had these narcissistic tendencies and m...
- Strengthrequired: Trustinggod, let me ask you this. Does your husba...
- Carol: One of my wise counselors told me once: "When yo...
- TrustingGod: Linda, It's those conferences with parents tha...
- TrustingGod: Thank you, Strengthrequired, so do I. I try to rem...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair