Happy New Year! Every year we spend a great deal of time during the week between Christmas and New Year’s working on our resolutions for the upcoming new year. This year, we did things a little differently. This year we set work and personal goals as usual, but only one real resolution – To work […]
By Sarah P. In my last blog we discussed how to stay empowered through the holidays and beyond. The key point of that article was the idea that our thoughts can influence our lives. Because thoughts can influence our lives, these thoughts can cause us to act in ways that create outcomes. In empowered thinking, we […]
Note: Infidelity is a traumatizing event that often makes the betrayed feel powerless and unable to cope or take action. Often though, a victim mentality becomes the coping mechanism used to survive fear, pain, and to recover basic psychological needs such as safety, love, affection, and self-esteem. This week Sarah P. has crafted a very […]
By Sarah P. Empathy is the most mysterious transaction that the human soul can have, and it’s accessible to all of us, but we have to give ourselves the opportunity to identify, to plunge ourselves in a story where we see the world from the bottom up or through another’s eyes or heart.” – Sue Monk […]
By Sarah P. There’s nothing like betrayal to throw your self-esteem for a loop. When your spouse betrays you, you are devastated. But, your devastation might pale in comparison to the hit that your self-esteem takes when this happens. Infidelity is the worst of the worst when it comes to damaging your self-esteem. Even though […]
Rules of Fair Fighting and How To Make Yourself Heard By Sarah P. The incredible hulk—what does he have to do with anything? When I refer to the Incredible Hulk, I am referring to the extremely angry feelings that flood us when our unfaithful spouse has no insight into our feelings and refuses to acknowledge […]
A little motivation to get the year started! And though this post has really nothing to do with infidelity or marital crisis, it certainly can be applied to those situations – and really all aspects of your life. For most of the civilized world, it seems that January is a month where people review the […]
Self-exploration is very painful, but unless you do that, you will never know who you are and who you want to be.— Iris Apfel Many readers have mentioned that their cheating spouses are not doing what is necessary to help them heal from their emotional or physical affair. The cheater is not working on themselves […]
A few years ago a neighbor of ours husband had an affair. Long story short, they divorced and now he lives with his affair partner. In fact, we’re not positive but we think they are now married. Well, the other day we were at a party and our neighbor was there as well. We got to […]
By Mel Faith Shame and suffering are linked, as are forgiveness and health. On a purely emotional level, this has been accepted for generations – but psychological science is beginning to prove that the ability to forgive (both others and oneself) can have a profound impact upon one’s health and wellbeing. Shame and guilt are […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce? January 31, 2017
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – Part One: Criticism January 24, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #26 January 17, 2017
- The Ache of Affairs and What You Can Do About It January 10, 2017
- New Year’s Resolutions for Affair Recovery January 3, 2017
- Change Within Before You Can Change Without December 28, 2016
- Hopeful: I thought I would type this in a separate text... ...
- Hopeful: Hope Eternal, I am so sorry you are here. None ...
- Mike: The pain was overwhelming to say the least. It ac...
- Rachel: Doesn't anyone have any morals anymore???? I am ...
- Rachel: It sure does....
- Deb: Your comment was really eye opening. I too printed...
- Hope Eternal: Hopeful - This is heartening indeed to hear after ...
- Robert M.: And at least the other guy has his emails and text...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair