When you are dealing with a spouse poacher, she thinks any season is a good season to poach another woman’s husband. By Sarah P. You have been through it and you know the drill. Your husband has been unfaithful and you are unsure whether or not he will be unfaithful again. To make matters worse, […]
by Sarah P. Note: This is the first installment of a two-part series where Sarah P. will address the leverage one has when their spouse won’t leave their affair partner. This week she addresses when the husband won’t end the affair and next week she’ll dig into when the wife won’t leave her affair partner. It’s one […]
Self-exploration is very painful, but unless you do that, you will never know who you are and who you want to be.— Iris Apfel Many readers have mentioned that their cheating spouses are not doing what is necessary to help them heal from their emotional or physical affair. The cheater is not working on themselves […]
There’s hardly a day that goes by that we don’t receive an email from a betrayed spouse who isn’t frustrated, angry, beaten down, out of control and about to give up. They’re grasping for a way – any way – to help make things better. The reasons are many, but usually their crisis has something to […]
Affair Counseling – A Specialized Focus by Tim Tedder, LMHC, NCC Imagine a man with high blood pressure being hit by a truck while crossing a street. He smashes to the pavement, broken and bloodied, and a nearby doctor rushes to his aid. The doctor quickly assesses the situation and then exclaims, “Man, you’re in […]
That is, if you hope you repair your marriage after you had an affair. by Sarah P. (Please note…Though Sarah addresses how the grass was greener during the affair with the man as the cheater, the same issues can certainly hold true when the female is the unfaithful spouse.) After the affair ends and you find yourself in […]
A separation can often be the result after an affair has been discovered. Though we feel it is possible that being separated while trying to recover can be a good thing in some cases, it can also make it more difficult to save a marriage – unless it is done the right way, that is. […]
One of the benefits of this site is to read and learn from the experiences of others who have walked in your shoes. Hopefully, you all read the comments as we feel that that is where some of the best advice can be found. This post addresses how it may be appropriate to work more […]
We received an email this past week that included a video recording of a Google Hangout session where there was a panel discussion of sorts about the pros and cons of whether one should tell their partner if they were having an affair. We’ve addressed this topic a while back and it seems to be […]
Because we have this blog, I often find myself observing and analyzing people in normal situations, perhaps making a few assumptions, and then sharing it with you guys in an effort to make a point. I had another opportunity to do this last Saturday at Linda’s 35th high school reunion. Nothing earth-shattering occurred but I […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- TheFirstWife: Okay I am going out on a limb but this is my opini...
- TryingHard: Agree. How do you fight or defend that which you d...
- Shifting Impressions: I agree with Hopeful....the wayward spouse usually...
- Hopefull: I think due to the wayward mentality and fog it is...
- Patsy50: I think the first thing Dale did wrong in his talk...
- Adri: I am recovering from partial paralysis for the pas...
- TryingHard: First Wife--Her actions definitely say she is guil...
- TheFirstWife: In my opinion Dale doesn't need the truth. His wi...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair