No marriage is affair proof. We are all at risk of losing our focus and being swept into an emotional affair or perhaps even sexual infidelity. But you can do several things to safeguard your marriage. Here are eight ways to do so according to James C. Dobson, author of “Love Must be Tough:” 1. […]
I realized a very important lesson recently and that is because of Doug’s emotional affair I am very vulnerable to having one myself. For two years I have been fantasizing about what his affair was like, and wanting to have the same feelings that he experienced during his affair. I didn’t realize until now how […]
Running Emotional Affair Journey is not a full time job, though it’s getting closer and closer to that as time moves on. When we’re not involved with our blog, we do visit other infidelity websites, just like we’re sure most of you all do. We thought we would let you know some of our favorites. […]
Doug had some minor surgery done yesterday, so I took the day off to be with him. After we returned home, Doug decided to take a nap as he was feeling tired from the procedure. While he was asleep I started to delve into “How to Survive an Affair” again, and decided to re-read the […]
As I’ve mentioned previously, when I found out about Doug’s emotional affair, I became a research maniac. One of the surprising things that I found out is that there are many different types of affairs. In fact, Dr. Robert Huizenga has defined 7 different types of affairs. Dr. Huizenga terms an emotional affair as the […]
As I write this, it is the ninth anniversary of “9-11,” and every year the conversation comes up about where we were and what we were doing when it happened. Our daughter remembers walking in from school while I was ironing clothes. Of course I was ironing, it was Tuesday! If it would have happened […]
I have realized that neither Doug nor I were completely at fault for our marital mess. I really blame it all on stupidity. We really didn’t know what each other needed. I know that I didn’t take my marriage lightly as that is not my personality. I always put 100% into everything I do whether […]
If you haven’t noticed by now, this Marriage Uncensored show has become one of our favorites as they always seem to have good guests with interesting and valuable things to discuss. This week their guest is discussing the reasons why women have affairs. Of course, men can certainly have affairs for many of the same […]
M. Gary Neuman, the author of “Emotional Infidelity: How to Affair-Proof Your Marriage and 10 Other Secrets to a Great Relationship” believes that it is very important to keep members of the opposite sex “out of your intimate way” for you to maintain a happy marriage. His ideas subscribe to the theory that the best […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- To Catch A Cheating Spouse: Why Hiring A Professional Is Sometimes Necessary August 22, 2017
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- Shifting Impressions: Satori We are still here for you....
- Satori: Hi TryingHard, Haven't run off. Just taking a ...
- TryingHard: I don't ever recall reading that someone doesn't...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I was fortunate to have found this site n...
- Puzzled: SI- I wish that I would have found this site right...
- Shifting Impressions: BSA I have been thinking more about our discussio...
- Colin: Excellent. The best. Thank you....
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, We all love you and accept you j...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair