By Sarah P. I have found that many men’s favorite straw-man argument that validates infidelity is the argument that men have evolved to have a sole purpose in life: to spread their seed. This spurious argument, which has been brought forth by evolutionary psychologists, allows men less accountability for non-monogamous behavior. I will hand it to […]
Cheating Men: If you are one of them, don’t be fooled by what evolutionary psychology says about your wiring
“It’s time to move on.” “I know I screwed up and I know I won’t do it again.” “Digging up all these past wounds doesn’t do either of us any good.” Have you heard (or said) any – or all – of these phrases in the past? Of course you as the betrayed also want […]
So here you are, happy in a loving, committed relationship and yet at every turn there is temptation. There’s the attractive assistant manager in the office down the hall, the client who always seems to be flirting with you or an attractive member of the opposite sex that approaches you when you are out on […]
Because we have this blog, I often find myself observing and analyzing people in normal situations, perhaps making a few assumptions, and then sharing it with you guys in an effort to make a point. I had another opportunity to do this last Saturday at Linda’s 35th high school reunion. Nothing earth-shattering occurred but I […]
From the moment of your first discovery that your partner is cheating (or cheated in the past), your response makes a huge difference. What you choose to do strongly influences whether or not the two of you will be able to pick up the broken pieces and repair your relationship. This doesn’t mean you can’t […]
by Sarah P. Tips From Modern Orthodoxy Note: I belong to an inter-faith family, Christianity and reformed Judaism. Both religions dwell harmoniously in our home because we focus on commonalities instead of differences. We have a couple of friends from the modern Orthodox community and there are things we have come to admire about modern […]
By Sarah P. Note: Recently, one of the readers asked whether or not there was a way to know if a man who cheated would be a repeat offender. After thinking about it, I put together this post about traits that set serial cheaters apart from “one hit wonders.” Though this is written using a […]
Thanks to everyone who joined in on the discussion from last week. It was a great response and we appreciate it – and you guys – very much. One of the comments was from an ex-CS who has contributed quite a bit on this site and has obviously made great strides since ending the affair. […]
by Sarah P. One can come up with hundreds of excuses for infidelity in marriage, but the person having an affair always has the choice to do or not to do. When you find out that your spouse has had an affair, your whole world literally implodes. You begin to question yourself, you begin to […]
Continuing with our Monday post-reruns… Here is one from Nov 18, 2010 where Linda shares her concern about what would happen if I ran into my affair partner (Tanya) in the future. Would the affair start up again? She goes on to share her belief that the only way for that not to be an […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Pat: I found out that my ex and the woman he left me fo...
- TryingHard: Hi Tina I'm assuming you're addressing me with ...
- TryingHard: Oh DI thank you. I hope in some little way my stor...
- Shifting Impressions: Trying Hard Thanks for sharing that raw uncensore...
- Tina: I have read some of your posts and appreciate your...
- TryingHard: That is the story I could never tell. I'm not sur...
- TryingHard: Thanks ladies. I'm lucky I wasn't arrested after...
- theresa: There are good triggers and bad triggers. The exp...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair