By Linda Fall is our favorite time of year. So far, it has been a beautiful one with bright sunny days and temperatures in the 70’s. Last weekend we took advantage of the weather, loaded up our trailer and went camping at a state park that’s just about an hour or so from our home. […]
We’ve reached a bit of a milestone here at Emotional Affair Journey… This is post number 1000! Almost 6 years. About 800,000 words. Over 33,000 comments. Over 6 million page views. Wow! Who da thunk it? Never in a million years did we think we’d still have this site after almost 6 years. And to […]
I can remember it like it was yesterday… It was just after 2:00 in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. Something Doug said earlier that evening just didn’t sit right with me. He’d also been acting quite strange lately. I had a gnawing feeling in my gut that something just wasn’t right. I quietly slipped […]
It’s once again Good Friday and the day reminds me of a post I wrote on Good Friday four years ago about my selfishness being a root cause of the emotional affair and for my actions once it was discovered. I say “a root cause” and not the root cause, as there were certainly other […]
Buying a new car is like a new beginning for us. Last week while at work I received a call from Doug informing me that he had been involved in somewhat of an accident. As he was turning into our subdivision, the front driver’s side wheel came completely off of our vehicle. Obviously the car […]
This is the second part of a two-part series on trusting yourself after an affair. You can read the first part by clicking here. In part one I gave you five steps that could help you to restore trust in yourself after an affair. In my own situation I performed the steps, though I certainly […]
A reflection on the reasons my emotional affair happened. Over the past 3 years, I’ve tried my hardest to make amends for my actions that occurred while in my emotional affair. Though I’ve made my share of mistakes, this whole process has opened my eyes to my own faults as a person and has been […]
Believe or not this is totally uncharacteristic of me to have such negative feelings against another human being. Generally, I try to see the good side in everyone. Realistically, I know I hate the emotional affair more than the person I am attacking, but right now I feel that this is a healthy way to […]
Doug has said on a few occasions that his emotional affair made him feel like a teenager again. I can attest to that because if you look at the characteristics that are common among teenagers you will find the words selfish, irresponsible, immature in their thinking and risk takers. Those characteristics were definitely present during […]
I’m so glad that we have started the Affair Recovery Group. I have gained so much knowledge and insight from our discussions with Jeff Murrah, that everyday I feel lighter and more free. It’s been another dose of therapy for me on a weekly basis. Recently, we touched upon the bonding experience that is often […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #27 May 2, 2017
- Looks Like the Honeymoon Phase is Coming to an End April 25, 2017
- The Big Five: Gottman’s Communication Techniques to Talk about Infidelity April 18, 2017
- You Decide: Ron and Maria – Living in Affair Limbo April 11, 2017
- Is It Possible that Adult ADHD Contributed to an Affair? April 4, 2017
- Rachel: Thank you all for the great comments. It Is a goo...
- Sarah P.: I forgot to tell the best part of the story. Somet...
- TryingHard: Sarah-- that is a hilarious story of Karma at its...
- Sarah P.: Hi TFW and Trying, The comment was meant for bo...
- Sarah P.: Hi Trying, I think in the past it must have bee...
- Sarah P.: Rachel, Congratulations!! I love how God steppe...
- Sarah P.: TryingHard, Everything you said it true. And I ...
- Sarah P.: Shifting, It's always amazing to me how many w...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair