Here is a post from our forum that we thought was just terrific. Though this reader’s marriage looks as though it may not survive, she has found inner strength from her husband’s affair and is moving on in a positive fashion. Healing from infidelity to her means learning from the whole episode and being a […]
One of the key elements of healing infidelity for many is open communication regarding the affair. If you were injured in the affair and feel that you can’t move on until your partner answers your questions, then you should initiate a conversation with him or her. However, be careful what you wish for and […]
Happy Memorial Day weekend! Today we have something a little different. Instead of our normal video on Saturday, we stumbled on this nice little audio featuring Bob Lepine from Family Life Today. In case you are not familiar with that organization (as we were not), they tout themselves as “A Christian organization helping couples build […]
Yesterday I received some devastating news from my brother. He told me he had fallen madly in love with someone and was leaving his marriage of 28 years. To anyone this would be earth shattering, but to a survivor of an affair it was even more difficult to handle. I had the opportunity to talk […]
There is no doubt that getting over an affair is difficult. Even after the apologies and the forgiveness that follows, it can be a tough thing to live through. In our situation, what causes the problems most of the time are the “triggers” that Linda sees, hears or thinks about that cause memories to coming […]
Are you open to receive an amazing gift? Through the magic of Twitter, we recently formed a relationship with Michael Sherman. He’s a personal coach and relationship expert, and the founder of COURAGEOUS LOVING, a company devoted to helping people answer the question, “Who are my relationships calling me to become?” We’d like to take […]
Recently Linda and I had a morning that didn’t start off too well. She was talking to me about an issue that was mentioned in the comments that upset her with respect to my emotional affair with Tanya. It was early in the morning, and I made the mistake of not thinking before I answered […]
Happy Cinco de Mayo! This week our discussion is centered around healing. Here are some questions to consider: What have you done, or doing to help you with healing from your infidelity journey? What makes you feel better? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you exercising? Any daily rituals? How do you get your […]
One of our readers left a comment recently where he mentioned that during his affair recovery he has made an effort to reconnect with “real” male friends that are also friends of his marriage. Please note he was referring to friends of the same sex. I thought that this was a really good idea. One […]
A recent comment from one of our readers brought back memories on how difficult it has been healing from infidelity and continuing to live day to day as if everything was fine while my whole world was falling apart around me. I would get so angry knowing that if the circumstances were different–for instance, if […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- TheFirstWife: I would think if you cannot even answer that quest...
- Shifting Impressions: Cody For me there is only one way to go....that'...
- Shifting Impressions: Michelle Two years after d-day I was still prett...
- Shifting Impressions: TFW I can't help but agree with you. I would fe...
- TheFirstWife: I think the difference for so many of us here is t...
- Michelle: Isince don't know if this where I am supposed to ...
- TheFirstWife: I think that would be a deal breaker for me. I don...
- Cody: Thanks to everyone who replied. Like most of you ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair