By Sarah P. Doug suggested an interesting post topic for this week. The post was inspired by his recent observations about the presidential race taking more of an even more personal turn. Recently Donald Trump has been in the news because of more inflammatory marks toward Hillary Clinton. (Surprise, surprise.) His recent attack has focused on […]
School started back up a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been running around all crazy-like ever since. I made the decision at the end of last year to move to a different grade level, so now I’m teaching first graders again – after about 20 years of teaching third graders. To say this has […]
It seems that most betrayed spouses never really get a true heartfelt, genuine apology after the affair from the unfaithful spouse. Sure, they may get the standard “I’m sorry” but it seems as though they usually hear those two words much too often as the cheater continues their lies and poor behavior. This post is […]
By Mel Faith Shame and suffering are linked, as are forgiveness and health. On a purely emotional level, this has been accepted for generations – but psychological science is beginning to prove that the ability to forgive (both others and oneself) can have a profound impact upon one’s health and wellbeing. Shame and guilt are […]
Quite often I correspond with betrayed spouses who claim that their spouse is not helping in the healing process because of the guilt that they feel as a result of their affair. This simple 4-step process may help with this issue. While searching for appropriate content for the Higher Healing area the other day, I […]
An extremely important component of forgiveness after infidelity is effectively reframing the story that you tell yourself. This is also related to the concept of self-talk. Each time we witness an event or think a thought, our mind automatically constructs a story around each thought or event. The story that our mind constructs can be […]
When our spouse betrays us with another person, the sadness, grief, and negativity that we feel threatens to swallow us whole. Even though this is a normal experience, it’s not an experience that we should allow to take over our entire lives. Whether or not we choose to stay with our betraying spouse has nothing […]
For the last few days I’ve been reading a book that was recommended to me called “Let it Go” by T.D. Jakes. The book is primarily about forgiveness, though in one chapter he addresses an issue that always seems to be a struggle for our readers – rebuilding trust after infidelity. One of the points […]
There are many hurdles to cross when trying to recover from an affair. One of the biggest and most difficult to overcome is the letting go of resentment. What is resentment? My good buddy Wikipedia says that… Resentment (also called ranklement or bitterness) is the experience of a negative emotion (anger or hatred, for instance) […]
Last week we wrote a post about David Lieberman’s 10 phases of forgiveness and making peace with another. I was particularly interested in phase 7, which is restoring the sense of balance to the relationship after an emotional affair. In this phase, Lieberman states that it’s important for the cheater to let the betrayed know […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #26 January 17, 2017
- The Ache of Affairs and What You Can Do About It January 10, 2017
- New Year’s Resolutions for Affair Recovery January 3, 2017
- Change Within Before You Can Change Without December 28, 2016
- Merry Christmas! December 25, 2016
- Discussion: Your Affair Recovery Wishlist for the Holidays December 20, 2016
- You Have the Power – Staying Empowered Through the Holidays and Beyond December 13, 2016
- Cheaters Can Be Masters at Emotional Manipulation December 6, 2016
- blueskyabove: * The FirstWife and Shifting Impressions, Bravo...
- TheFirstWife: I actually spent the last 6 months going over the ...
- Sarah P.: Hi TryingHard, Thanks again for sharing what yo...
- Butterball: Our problem is a bit of the opposite at the moment...
- Shifting Impressions: TFW That is interesting that you posted that....m...
- TryingHard: Hi Butterball--I thought maybe it was a cultural t...
- TheFirstWife: Here is what is working for me. .For 2017 I have d...
- HOLMES: Sarah, I did want to say a great article. All wome...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair