By Sarah P. The things that people say and do during affairs are so predictable that it is almost funny. Unfortunately, broken trust, destroyed lives, and broken families are no laughing matter. Still, there are patterns that all affairs follow; there are universal actions on the part of the wayward spouse; and there are the […]
We received an email the other day from a reader who writes the following: I have been in contact with you during the last few months. Your site continues to be a great resource for me as I have come to terms with what happened in my marriage. We are the couple […]
What is an emotional affair? To boil it down to its essence, an emotional affair is a set of feelings for another person of the opposite sex that ends up blurring boundaries and supporting behaviors (based on those feelings) that are destructive to a marriage. These things put together can spell the beginning of the […]
Friday was the last day of school for me. All in all it was a pretty good year. I had really well behaved, intelligent students who enjoyed learning…For the most part. The one sore spot for the whole year was this one boy, “Austin,” who quite honestly was probably the worst student I’ve ever had […]
One thing that we’re somewhat surprised about is the number of people who we communicate with whose spouse has had an online affair. No physical connection whatsoever. And when we say no physical connection, we mean that the affair relationship is carried out completely over the Internet. They almost never meet in person – though […]
What would upset you more…sexual infidelity or emotional infidelity? The article below came across our desk earlier in the week and we wanted to get your opinion on this. Impact of Sexual vs. Emotional Infidelity In the largest study to date on infidelity, Chapman University has learned men and women are different when it comes […]
Well friends, we have reached the final stretch of another year. After publishing 140 articles over the past twelve months, we’d like to share the 10 most popular posts of the year. For us, it has been interesting to review our work – along with the work of some generous guest posters – and see […]
Aubrielle’s marriage ended because her husband had an affair and yet some time later she got entangled in an emotional affair with a married man. She is kind enough to share the lessons that she learned as a result of being the other woman. Please read on and then share your thoughts in the comment […]
As you are all aware, the holidays are right around the corner. This has always been a special time for me and for our family. Doug and I have such special memories of our whole family coming together at our house on Christmas day for lots of food, drink and merry-making. Well, we just found […]
After we posted the article Rationalizing the Emotional Affair as ‘Just Friends’ we were inundated with emails from people who were facing the challenge of a spouse who is denying that their emotional affair is an affair at all. The main reason that they are justifying this stance is naturally because there was no sex […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Doug: Hey guys, we need some help... For our next Co...
- TryingHard: Butterball I remember your story from months ago....
- TryingHard: Butterball It is our business. I wasn't working...
- Lisa: My baby daddy been cheating on me and the girl is ...
- Butterball: I know this is an old post but it came up at the b...
- Butterball: This is such an amazing story! Wow. It sounds like...
- Butterball: This is a very interesting issue. You may remember...
- Satori: TryingHard, Your story is EVERYTHING. I am o...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair