You may have noticed that Linda and I have been basically absent from the blog since Thursday. We barely had enough time to approve the comments and virtually no time to reply to any them. We apologize for that but we had a whirlwind of an extended weekend that has left both of us […]
I had a great Mother’s day…well, at least for the first four hours or so, and then it went downhill from there. As usual, Doug and the kids made my day special, but they were no match for what awaited me when we went to my parent’s home for dinner. My brother and his […]
We seem to be exposed to an exorbitant amount of divorces lately. Several neighbors, friends and even relatives have fallen victim, and in most cases it is crystal clear that infidelity has been the major culprit. In addition, we have received a few emails of late where readers have thanked us for what we do, […]
Since today is Valentines Day, a day meant for love and lovers, we naturally wanted to write something about love. But to those who are trying to recover from an affair, Valentines Day can be a very tough day indeed. Therefore, we wanted to share a passage from Mort Fertel’s book, “Marriage Fitness,” that addresses […]
Happy Wednesday! Linda has been reading several books on love lately. Yesterday we had a rather lengthy discussion about my emotional affair and whether or not I felt it was really love–that is, unconditional love. I would have to say that at the time I certainly thought it was love, but as the affair experience […]
Friday night Doug and I went out for a few drinks and ran into a neighbor who informed us of yet another couple on our street that has decided to divorce. The story sounded the same as all the others. The husband had an extramarital affair with a co-worker two years ago and is having […]
Somebody sent us this letter via email over the weekend and we felt that it was pretty powerful stuff. It is from a woman who is apparently working hard to survive an affair – her own – as well as the backlash of emotions and painful feelings felt by her husband as a result. What […]
I wonder how many marriages end because of infidelity with the cheating spouse living with regret about their decisions. I wonder that once they make that decision, how difficult it is to turn around and admit how wrong they were. This weekend we met up with some of our old college friends and Doug’s fraternity brothers […]
Virtually all of our posts on this blog to date have been geared towards helping couples save their marriage or relationship after an affair. Sometimes however, after all the soul searching, therapy, pain and emotions it becomes evident that the only conclusion that can be made is that the marriage must come to an end. […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- theresa: NEW tool. Are there any guidelines for the use of...
- Satori: Ah TryingHard, Looking forward to Part 2 of your c...
- TryingHard: Satori--I like your take on the drama thing. I'v...
- Satori: TheFirstWife: wow, from what you write our situati...
- Tina: Hi the first wife, First, I'm sorry for what y...
- TheFirstWife: Regarding MLC my therapist described the recognize...
- TryingHard: ULK figuring out that stuff is way above my pay gr...
- Butterball: No,MLC is not a recognized medical syndrome but th...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair