This is part one of a three-part series by Sarah P. called, “Three In the Bed: Narcissistic Mother-in-Laws, Attachment, and How It Affects Your Marriage” Note: After seeing some of the comments about my last article on narcissism, I felt like this would be a timely piece. In this series, I present clinical data about […]
By Sarah P. Senator Weiner, Bill Clinton, John F. Kennedy, Sergey Brin… They all have one thing in common. All of these otherwise “smart” men have done really stupid things when it comes to fidelity. When I started to date, my dad would tell me jokingly, “Be careful! Men are just like dinosaurs you know. […]
The other day one of our readers emailed us the article 10 Reasons Not to Take Back a Cheating Husband by Kiri Blakeley. I realize that the thought of potentially kicking the cheating spouse to the curb is in the minds of many of our readers, so I thought I’d post a comment I made […]
Here we pick up where we left off of the messed up story of a Christmas made complicated as a result of infidelity. When we last left the man, it was a few days before Christmas and his plan for his kids to meet his new wife prior to Christmas was not going over so […]
A messed up story of a Christmas made complicated as a result of infidelity. (Somewhat tongue in cheek) There once was a man who had been married for over 25 years to the same woman. For most of that time they lived a wonderful life with their three beautiful kids. The years went by and […]
Recently there was a comment in one of the posts where a reader recommended the book Runaway Husbands: The Abandoned Wife’s Guide to Recovery and Renewal by Vikki Stark. Whenever a reader recommends a book it peaks our interest, so we had to check it out further. A couple of disclaimers… First, we want to […]
One of the biggest questions that you will face after a betrayal such as infidelity is whether or not you should stay in the relationship – regardless of how long you have been working through the recovery and healing process. I certainly faced that question but made the choice early on to fight for my […]
We got this touching story from an email and thought we’d share it. I guess it’s been around on the Internet for awhile so some of you may have already seen it. It could be pure fiction too but even so I thought it was touching. Married or Not You Should Read This When I […]
This is a guest post from Sara K. about her brief experience of feeling jealous of divorce. I just heard a couple from my small, suburban and gossipy neighborhood is divorcing. They have a 16-year-old daughter that is a friend of my son. There are also 3 other children involved. When I first heard the […]
Please note that this is a guest post by attorney Jessica Ressler. When you caught your spouse cheating did you initially want to still stay with him or her? If the situation was grave, you may have thought, no way. You were ready to file the divorce papers and break the knot right away. However, […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #27 May 2, 2017
- Looks Like the Honeymoon Phase is Coming to an End April 25, 2017
- The Big Five: Gottman’s Communication Techniques to Talk about Infidelity April 18, 2017
- You Decide: Ron and Maria – Living in Affair Limbo April 11, 2017
- Is It Possible that Adult ADHD Contributed to an Affair? April 4, 2017
- Rachel: Thank you all for the great comments. It Is a goo...
- Sarah P.: I forgot to tell the best part of the story. Somet...
- TryingHard: Sarah-- that is a hilarious story of Karma at its...
- Sarah P.: Hi TFW and Trying, The comment was meant for bo...
- Sarah P.: Hi Trying, I think in the past it must have bee...
- Sarah P.: Rachel, Congratulations!! I love how God steppe...
- Sarah P.: TryingHard, Everything you said it true. And I ...
- Sarah P.: Shifting, It's always amazing to me how many w...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair