We have a son who is in his first year of college, and we found out a couple of days ago that he had recently taken an ethics seminar at school. We found this out because we had just received the $200 bill for it and had questioned this added expense. When we confronted him […]
Happy Saturday! Once again we have a very good video with Dave Carder. This time he is interviewed based on his book “Close Calls-What Adulterers Want You to Know,” which discusses characteristics and reasons for why people have affairs. Did you ever wonder what causes an affair? This video and Carder’s book go over many […]
One of our readers who comments frequently on this blog really opened my eyes this week. I have been focusing on my own pain and healing from infidelity, yet I have been blind to how much Doug has grown in all this process. I felt that I owe him some recognition because he does get […]
Last night I began reading a book about forgiveness. In the book, the author discusses how forgiveness needs to be an integral part of a marriage, and how on a daily basis we need to learn to forgive our spouses for various things. The author discussed the 4 stages of forgiveness. At times I seem […]
I want to thank everyone for their comments, questions and support. Your questions have helped me to understand Doug’s affair a little better. I know it is hard to understand that even after a year I was not sure about all the dynamics of their relationship. We would have these questioning sessions and most of […]
This week’s discussion is going to be a little different. This week you are going to help us help you! Here goes… Why do you visit this site? Are you here because you are looking for help in surviving a marital affair of some sort? Or do you need help to save your marriage in […]
It is amazing to me how one question about jealousy can provide so much insight. For a year and a half I have been thinking that Doug stumbled across the most perfect person in the world for him. I was under the impression that with his emotional affair he had found someone attractive, tiny, outgoing, […]
Jealousy. It is amazing how that word gave me an extra bounce in my step yesterday and today make me sink into a deep hole of depression. That’s what happens when you are recovering from an affair. Yesterday I was excited to know that Tanya was not perfect. Today I am upset because I learned […]
This week’s video is a good one. It is with Dr. David Hawkins, the author of “Love Lost.” The discussion centers around recovering from a broken marriage. Dr. Hawkins himself suffered from a traumatic event when his wife of 28 years told him she didn’t love him anymore and asked him to leave. He offers […]
I have been on spring break this week and therefore I have a lot more time on my hands to reflect and write about Doug’s emotional affair. It is amazing how being away from 26 eight year-olds clears your mind and energizes your body. For me it has been a good opportunity to think about […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Musings on Infidelity: Affairs Are Not Original and Not Excusable March 28, 2017
- Struggling to Heal? You Have to Reach! March 21, 2017
- The Last of the Four Horsemen: Stonewalling March 14, 2017
- You Decide: Is it an emotional affair or not? March 7, 2017
- John Gottman’s Four Horsemen: Defensiveness February 28, 2017
- Coping with the Pain of Infidelity February 21, 2017
- Discussion: What Stage of the Affair Recovery Process are You In at Present? February 14, 2017
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Part 2: Contempt February 7, 2017
- Tired: I just re read this article. It is so spot on. My ...
- Tired: Also Puzzled, that blank and angry stare. I have s...
- Tired: Puzzled. I think we will go to counselling. Perhap...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I love that fishbowl idea........I think ...
- Puzzled: Keeping her from becoming defensive is the challen...
- Hopefull: Puzzled, These conversations are so hard. My husba...
- Robert M.: So I haven't mentioned anything about the affair ...
- Doug: That's good to hear Broken2! Though it sucks bad ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair