Happy Saturday, and an early happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there! The comments this past week have been jumping with respect to regaining trust after an affair. Our video this week is a brief one with Esther Perel, author of “Mating in Captivity,” where she discusses this subject rather well. LINESPACE
At some point all of us who are dealing with infidelity have asked the question, “Why did it happen?” Obviously every situation is different and there is no simple answer. Some people are unfaithful for very deep-seated emotional reasons, while others are unfaithful because of their beliefs about the opposite sex. Still others are unfaithful […]
Are you open to receive an amazing gift? Through the magic of Twitter, we recently formed a relationship with Michael Sherman. He’s a personal coach and relationship expert, and the founder of COURAGEOUS LOVING, a company devoted to helping people answer the question, “Who are my relationships calling me to become?” We’d like to take […]
Recently Linda and I had a morning that didn’t start off too well. She was talking to me about an issue that was mentioned in the comments that upset her with respect to my emotional affair with Tanya. It was early in the morning, and I made the mistake of not thinking before I answered […]
Happy Cinco de Mayo! This week our discussion is centered around healing. Here are some questions to consider: What have you done, or doing to help you with healing from your infidelity journey? What makes you feel better? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you exercising? Any daily rituals? How do you get your […]
One of our readers left a comment recently where he mentioned that during his affair recovery he has made an effort to reconnect with “real” male friends that are also friends of his marriage. Please note he was referring to friends of the same sex. I thought that this was a really good idea. One […]
Last weekend I was able to see first hand how an affair can begin so easily and be so addicting and alluring. Our daughters had a lot going on–a soccer tournament, out-of-town dance competition, and their birthday party. To say the least I was a little stressed. But the “new me” was going to handle […]
If you haven’t noticed by now, this Marriage Uncensored show has become one of our favorites as they always seem to have good guests with interesting and valuable things to discuss. This week their guest is discussing the reasons why women have affairs. Of course, men can certainly have affairs for many of the same […]
Up until this point in the somewhat brief history of this blog, if you analyze the comments from readers, we have had primarily two types of visitors: the Cheated on and the cheating spouse. Well, we received an excellent comment that we wanted to share to everyone from a very different perspective of an “other […]
We have written so much about the intoxicating feelings received during an emotional affair, and the pain and recovery of the betrayed spouse. However one area we have neglected to touch on is the effort involved in maintaining an affair. We’re talking here about the time, the sacrifices and the work that is required to […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Doug: Hey guys, we need some help... For our next Co...
- TryingHard: Butterball I remember your story from months ago....
- TryingHard: Butterball It is our business. I wasn't working...
- Lisa: My baby daddy been cheating on me and the girl is ...
- Butterball: I know this is an old post but it came up at the b...
- Butterball: This is such an amazing story! Wow. It sounds like...
- Butterball: This is a very interesting issue. You may remember...
- Satori: TryingHard, Your story is EVERYTHING. I am o...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair