We have written so much about the intoxicating feelings received during an emotional affair, and the pain and recovery of the betrayed spouse. However one area we have neglected to touch on is the effort involved in maintaining an affair. We’re talking here about the time, the sacrifices and the work that is required to […]
Good Wednesday! This week our discussion is centered around trust. Here are some questions to consider and respond to: After the affair, will you be able to trust your cheating spouse/partner again? If so, will it be the same as it was prior to the affair? What does your spouse or partner need to do […]
A recent comment from one of our readers brought back memories on how difficult it has been healing from infidelity and continuing to live day to day as if everything was fine while my whole world was falling apart around me. I would get so angry knowing that if the circumstances were different–for instance, if […]
The hardest part of my dealing with infidelity is not the emotional affair itself but what happened after I found out. I had a difficult time understanding why Doug didn’t just stop cold turkey and had such a hard time getting back those loving feelings for me. Now knowing the dynamics of affairs, and reading […]
This is a warning, I am a betrayed spouse, and I have never taken the opportunity to engage in an affair so I am strictly speaking from speculation and not from experience. I may offend some of you who have been involved with someone outside your marriage, but I am just voicing my opinion and […]
After yesterday’s discussion topic I started to think more about why I stayed to save our marriage and just didn’t give up and leave after the affair. Initially I stayed because of fear. I didn’t know what I was going to do, where I was to go and what would happen to our children. This […]
Good Wednesday! Once again we’d like to thank everyone for contributing to our open discussions about affairs. Many of you have such great thoughts and ideas to contribute. It’s really amazing! This week’s discussion: With all the pain and heartache that victims of affairs experience, at what point do you give up and say “Enough […]
We’ve not delved too deeply into the subject of having sex after the affair. However, one of the best ways we found (in hindsight) to saving a marriage is connecting on an intimate level. In other words—lots of great sex! For some reason, even when Linda and I were in the darkest days of realization […]
We have a son who is in his first year of college, and we found out a couple of days ago that he had recently taken an ethics seminar at school. We found this out because we had just received the $200 bill for it and had questioned this added expense. When we confronted him […]
Happy Saturday! Once again we have a very good video with Dave Carder. This time he is interviewed based on his book “Close Calls-What Adulterers Want You to Know,” which discusses characteristics and reasons for why people have affairs. Did you ever wonder what causes an affair? This video and Carder’s book go over many […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #27 May 2, 2017
- Looks Like the Honeymoon Phase is Coming to an End April 25, 2017
- The Big Five: Gottman’s Communication Techniques to Talk about Infidelity April 18, 2017
- You Decide: Ron and Maria – Living in Affair Limbo April 11, 2017
- Is It Possible that Adult ADHD Contributed to an Affair? April 4, 2017
- Shifting Impressions: Sarah I can honestly say, that throughout the las...
- Bowlus: How are you now. Its been years since this post. I...
- Rachel: Thank you all for the great comments. It Is a goo...
- Sarah P.: I forgot to tell the best part of the story. Somet...
- TryingHard: Sarah-- that is a hilarious story of Karma at its...
- Sarah P.: Hi TFW and Trying, The comment was meant for bo...
- Sarah P.: Hi Trying, I think in the past it must have bee...
- Sarah P.: Rachel, Congratulations!! I love how God steppe...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair