There is no doubt that getting over an affair is difficult. Even after the apologies and the forgiveness that follows, it can be a tough thing to live through. In our situation, what causes the problems most of the time are the “triggers” that Linda sees, hears or thinks about that cause memories to coming […]
Good Saturday! This week we have posted about forgiving infidelity, and today’s video centers on the other side of the forgiving process, and that is saying you are sorry. The video does not deal specifically with apologizing after an affair, but discusses apologizing in general and why it’s important for the healing process. The guest […]
Yesterday our post dealt with how to forgive infidelity. There were quite a few comments regarding this subject, and we would encourage if you haven’t already done so, to make a comment and throw your 2 cents in. Some of you have forgiven and have chosen to move on. Others said they will not forgive. […]
During the last several weeks we have noticed through the various emails we receive and the comments to the blog that many of us are struggling with the thought of forgiving infidelity. After all, a great injustice has occurred to us and we all hurt tremendously. An all too familiar theme is presented over […]
Good Wednesday! We hope everyone is having a good week. When experiencing an affair-regardless if you are the victim or the betrayer – there are life lessons to be learned. This week’s discussion centers on those lessons. Here is the question for today: From all that you have experienced as a result of the affair, […]
Experiencing the trauma of an affair can be bad enough to endure, but one of the most devastating aspects of an affair is the effect it can have on your self-esteem. It can make you feel that you are a terrible, worthless person. After all, why else would your spouse have an affair and risk […]
We received this email the other day from “Debbie” telling an amazing story of her husband’s emotional affair. You’ve got to read this as it tells a familiar tale for many of us, but in a very colorful way. Enjoy: “(This is the first and only thing I have ever written about my Emotional Affair […]
Here is a really good video featuring Dr. David Hawkins. He discusses a major topic that we all probably can do better at in our relationships: Resolving Conflicts. Though the video is not specific to surviving infidelity, the strategies can be applied to each of our situations. After all, an affair is a conflict, is […]
The following list of 26 things to do for surviving infidelity was emailed to us recently and we thought it was worth sharing with you. Let us know if you have any additions you think might be necessary. In order for your marriage to successfully survive these are some things that your spouse must do: […]
I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day. Mine was wonderful as usual (except during the affair year that is). My family always went the extra mile to show how much they appreciate me. Their tradition always included breakfast in bed, flowers, cards, gifts, a day of family fun and they always made me feel […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- The 2017 Emotional Affair Journey Reader Survey August 15, 2017
- The Case of the Magazine Subscription – You Decide August 8, 2017
- Playing the Double Fool: Mistaking Enabling and Codependence for Lovingkindness August 1, 2017
- The 8 Pillars of Trust – Ways the Unfaithful Spouse Can Help Rebuild Trust July 25, 2017
- The Runaway Spouse Syndrome July 18, 2017
- Open ‘Mic’ Discussion #28 July 11, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 3: What I Learned at the Gottman Affair Trauma Seminar July 4, 2017
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- TheFirstWife: I would think if you cannot even answer that quest...
- Shifting Impressions: Cody For me there is only one way to go....that'...
- Shifting Impressions: Michelle Two years after d-day I was still prett...
- Shifting Impressions: TFW I can't help but agree with you. I would fe...
- TheFirstWife: I think the difference for so many of us here is t...
- Michelle: Isince don't know if this where I am supposed to ...
- TheFirstWife: I think that would be a deal breaker for me. I don...
- Cody: Thanks to everyone who replied. Like most of you ...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair