Here is a really good video featuring Dr. David Hawkins. He discusses a major topic that we all probably can do better at in our relationships: Resolving Conflicts. Though the video is not specific to surviving infidelity, the strategies can be applied to each of our situations. After all, an affair is a conflict, is […]
The following list of 26 things to do for surviving infidelity was emailed to us recently and we thought it was worth sharing with you. Let us know if you have any additions you think might be necessary. In order for your marriage to successfully survive these are some things that your spouse must do: […]
I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day. Mine was wonderful as usual (except during the affair year that is). My family always went the extra mile to show how much they appreciate me. Their tradition always included breakfast in bed, flowers, cards, gifts, a day of family fun and they always made me feel […]
Good Wednesday to everyone! This week our discussion is about hindsight. Here is the topic: Looking back on your experience, whether your D-day has been a year ago, or a week ago, what would you have done differently–in your relationship and/or when you discovered the affair? Please reply to each other in the comments. Each […]
You may have noticed on Friday that we quietly stuck our new Surviving an Affair forum page onto the site. It wasn’t completely configured at that point, so we never mentioned it. Now (we think and hope) it is up and working fine. We are obviously not Forum technical experts, so there may be some […]
On April 28th our discussion was concerning trusting your spouse and whether or not you felt that you could rebuild trust after an affair. The overwhelming majority of you felt that you could NOT trust your spouse again—at least not to the level that you once did prior to the affair. There were a couple […]
Happy Saturday, and an early happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there! The comments this past week have been jumping with respect to regaining trust after an affair. Our video this week is a brief one with Esther Perel, author of “Mating in Captivity,” where she discusses this subject rather well. LINESPACE
At some point all of us who are dealing with infidelity have asked the question, “Why did it happen?” Obviously every situation is different and there is no simple answer. Some people are unfaithful for very deep-seated emotional reasons, while others are unfaithful because of their beliefs about the opposite sex. Still others are unfaithful […]
Are you open to receive an amazing gift? Through the magic of Twitter, we recently formed a relationship with Michael Sherman. He’s a personal coach and relationship expert, and the founder of COURAGEOUS LOVING, a company devoted to helping people answer the question, “Who are my relationships calling me to become?” We’d like to take […]
Recently Linda and I had a morning that didn’t start off too well. She was talking to me about an issue that was mentioned in the comments that upset her with respect to my emotional affair with Tanya. It was early in the morning, and I made the mistake of not thinking before I answered […]
Search Our Site
This short guide tells you what you need to know to survive the affair, heal yourself and emerge on the other side a stronger person.
- It’s Tough To Stop an Emotional Affair March 15, 2011
- When the Other Woman Becomes the Wife September 6, 2012
- Real Reasons the Emotional Affair Happened February 2, 2012
- Staying After Cheating: Is It the Right Thing to Do? October 11, 2016
- How Does A Betrayed Spouse Heal from Cheating? July 5, 2013
- Open House Discussion August 28, 2013
- Does the Other Woman Play A Role In an Affair or Does the Blame Land Solely on the Cheating Husbands? YOU Decide July 19, 2016
- Discussion: Why Do Men and Women Cheat? October 5, 2011
- What to Do After a Failed Confrontation? You Decide! June 27, 2017
- Affair Trauma Part 2: Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore June 20, 2017
- What Were You Thinking? Did You Think of Me? June 13, 2017
- Trauma Series Part One: PTSD and Affairs June 6, 2017
- Codependency: Don’t Fall Into This Trap – 5 Steps to Codependency Recovery May 30, 2017
- Danger Ahead – You Can Live Without Your Spouse, But Not Without Yourself May 23, 2017
- Darling You’ve Got to Let Me Know: Should I stay or should I go? – You Decide May 16, 2017
- Translating Affair Speak – Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Spouse? May 9, 2017
- Hopefull: I think this approach was odd also. In a short per...
- Shifting Impressions: Puzzled I am not sure about the whole "leading w...
- Shifting Impressions: I found Dale's approach rather strange....to tell...
- TryingHard: Puzzled--No I did not hire a PI. I was getting re...
- Puzzled: If she's having an affair, then she's already to...
- Tired: If he "waits and sees" she will be too far into ...
- TryingHard: Dale hires a private investigator!!!...
- Puzzled: Well, I'll be the first to step to the mic. I...
- Affair Signs
- After the Affair
- Catch a Cheating Spouse
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Emotional Affairs
- Ending an Affair
- Forgiving Infidelity
- Healing From Infidelity
- Marriage Building
- Our Emotional Affair Story
- Preventing Infidelity
- Save Your Marriage
- Self Help
- Sex and Marriage
- Surviving an Affair